Leeches & Weather

Started by TBIRD, July 31, 2016, 10:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBIRD

Hi All:

For those going to Kipawa next weekend and wanting leeches. I called Pronature and it's iffy they'll have any. They suggested I call back next Wednesday . I talked to Bob @ Trout Lake Bait. He said they're  scarce, but he'll have them. His suppliers are having problems getting them; not unusual for this time of the year. I reserved a pound, but pricey $70.00 (supply & demand). Just a heads up; not an issue for most, but I NEED Leeches  :-[. His contact 705-495-4227 - cel 705-493-1781.
Now for the weather - today's long range forecast for Friday Aug 5 - severe thunderstorms - not thunderstorms but SEVERE - I'm off in a lodge boat from Miwapanee Lodge to their outpost cabin on Grindsstone - what the hay, been there done that - it's still Kipawa (hope my wife feels the same)  ;) ;)

As Always Tight Lines Ray.

Riverrat

I would try Kipawa Bait to see if they have any.  I tried ProNature for bait a couple of times this year and they were always out.  I have about half a pound left in my fridge if anyone wants to bid for it lol

TBIRD

:) where's your fridge - I'll give ya $25.00 :)  -  I did try Kipawa Bait - I always get from Trout Lake - but this trip it's an over night @ Au Bercail and didn't want to keep them over night - I called and emailed Kipawa Bait - no reply - guess they're busy, but I need to be sure.
As always Tight Lines, Ray

TBIRD

Forgot to mention the $25.00 is in Canadian :)

Riverrat

Don't u realize everyone here is on Kipawa time lol.  They dont respond to emails too quickly. My fridge is in Laniel.  I would stop and get your leaches and just keep them overnight in a cooler on ice.  Everyone is doing great using worms at this end of the Lake.  Good Luck

Fort Wisers

Safe trip Ray, that's a long haul up the lake.....

TBIRD

Thanks FW - indeed it will be long haul - fingers crossed the weather isn't as some sites are predicting :-\

Calicofishing

I don't understand why you don't catch your own, I've been doing it since 1961, its so easy its scary.