Card games for two

Started by Morrow21, August 27, 2016, 04:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morrow21

Any suggestions for two handed card games? We usually come up with three or more people. Poker, euchre, hearts etc. This year only my father in law and I are able to make it so need some ideas. Never played cribbage, bringing the rules to try to learn. Rummy. Any ideas appreciated.

Jay Thomas

Cribbage is an enjoyable card game for two. The rules are straight forward and the game is easy to learn. Just have to buy a wooden cribbage board with pegs. Enjoy!

Jay

Morrow21

Thanks. Sounds like it will be a good way to pass the time in the evenings while enjoying a few beverages. Reading the rules sounds challenging. If nothing else we can use the cribbage board to keep count of the walleye!

RHYBAK

Quote from: Morrow21 on August 28, 2016, 09:10:40 AM
Thanks. Sounds like it will be a good way to pass the time in the evenings while enjoying a few beverages. Reading the rules sounds challenging. If nothing else we can use the cribbage board to keep count of the walleye!

Hey
I like that idea.
Keep it in the boat and the first to reach 121 wins
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

NortonJoe

I know there are some variations of euchre for two people...it involves dealing a hand out and counting back from 21. As a kid, my grandmother called it "buck euchre."
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau

Morrow21

Thanks. I'll look into it. I have played 3 handed, but never 2

BH

cribbage really isn't that hard to learn and it is a great game that you can play throughout the trip.  My son has beaten me three straight trips.  We always have a tournament and the number of the games in the tournament is correlated with how good the fishing is.  This past trip we only had 3 games because of the good fishing (even during the day with various species to fish for).  Enjoy!
Love fishing

T-Bone

Embrace every moment...you only get it once