Closing Time-Sad Time of Year

Started by Riverrat, October 22, 2016, 07:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riverrat

Its a sad time of year.  We closed her down last weekend for the season.  One day was really warm shorts weather but nobody brought any shorts lol.  The weather seemed to turn after that and it was cold.  Almost all the boats have been pulled.  For the one boat that did venture out it was winter jacket and snow pants time.  The water is down about three feet.  The store in Laniel is closing for the season tomorrow.  The moose hunt is over tomorrow.  We found a guy who will come to our camp and wrap our boats for us.  This is a great find so we didn't have to haul them back.  Ralph from Chalet Diane is overseeing this for us.

We did find a couple of new fall spots for Walleye close to Laniel that we will pay more attention too next year.  One spot is across from 600 miles cottage near the old Quarter Moon Camp.  There also is a great bass spot not too far either.

Now I switch to Rainbow Trout and will be fishing the Saugeen out of Southampton Ontario in a couple of weeks.

Fort Wisers

Always a sad time indeed!
Hope all fairs well over winter.....

RHYBAK

Yes a very sad time closing the cottage.

I had a cottage in Muskoka and shut her down for good two weeks ago.
After 37 years , I sold her.

Bought myself a new 2015 Lund Impact 1850 this past weekend and will be venturing out to new waters next season.

My fall Rainbow fishing will be on the Bighead.
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

puckster_guy

Chiming in with my 2 cents worth. Was up thanksgiving weekend. Boat out of the water, drained the water lines and cleaned up. This weekend? Tarp up the boat and take home anyrhing that can freeze. A few other jobs as I cry in my beer. Lol. Prob last trip for the season unless we get a warm spell.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Balsams

Rybak,
Must be tough. I remember the last closing of my family cottage on horseshoe lake (hwy 141 & 69) years ago when my dad sold it. Didn't even want ice cream on the way home when we stopped. As you know, years later I got a place of my own in seguin with my own family...couldn't imagine selling it. Maybe one day if my kids stop going or my wonderful neighbors all croak. Good that you got a boat. Should launch that puppy into G Bay for some trips...some good water north of parry sound that I've been meaning to try. Shawanaga system, pointe au baril, French river...some nice water south too around woods bay and The Hole for salmon. Best of luck in your new adventures.