Great memories

Started by Oarin, October 24, 2016, 08:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oarin

I first put one of my Bud Light cans there and he said, "what are you doing?"

Balsams

Ha! Sleeman's Original Draft, not a bad one. Tell Jon to stop at one of our Beer Stores or LCBO's to try some of the ontario craft beers. There are some nice ones he'd enjoy if he's a beer snob. Try one of the hockley Valley selections, or Lake of bays...I like the Mad Tom IPA by muskoka brewery. Bud lites are good too, not to as bloating. And not as strong....gotta keep your wits about ya, someone has to find the fish right!

I see smally triplets and a little brother...amazing how close in size this 3 bass are. I'll bet they came from the same hole with 15 minutes of each other. Well done Oarin, you boys keep on enjoying.

Oarin

Wow Balsams, you know your bass. All 4 came from the same spot in 3 feet of water off an island near the TBL outpost cabin. The three big ones came on consecutive casts on a jig and leech with a slip bobber. The fourth on a few casts later. They're a blast to catch, but I'd rather eat walleyes.

Balsams

If you ever get the opportunity...pickerel (or walleye if you prefer) civeche is amazing. A 2lber from the icey cold May waters (lean and firm at that time of year) slice extremely thin and spread on a plate. Salt, pepper, olive oil drizzle, extremely fine chopped jalapeño, chopped cilantro, fresh limes squeezed over liberally...I also add finely chopped fish garlic. Cover with siran wrap and put in the fridge for an hour or 2. First tried with about a 4 lb pike, but walleye is better. Learned this from a Mexican who made me barracuda civeche. Try it.