The official what I did today that was fishing related thread...

Started by Dog, October 08, 2014, 10:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michelle

RHYBAK

Quote from: Dog on October 26, 2014, 09:48:31 AM
@RHYBAK got moose?

Couldn't shoot the Moose that I saw because I only had a Calf Tag.
I saw one bull and two cows.
Also saw a bear.
I did shoot a few grouse.

Thanks for asking
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

rambler

Went to the new Field & Stream store in Altoona, Pa. Nice store, kind of like a Gander Mt.

Nancy

@RHYBAK, Was it a big bull that you saw?

We took the boat up to some Amish folks today to make the hood for over the motor. They are also the ones who make the cover originally, and do real quality work.

RHYBAK

Quote from: Nancy on October 29, 2014, 04:27:55 PM
@RHYBAK, Was it a big bull that you saw?

We took the boat up to some Amish folks today to make the hood for over the motor. They are also the ones who make the cover originally, and do real quality work.

The Bull was about 2 or 3 years old.
No paddles on the rack,just points.
The cows were huge. well over 1000 pounds each.

Dog

One more cast...

Dog

doing research on archery and recurve bows to fill the time when catching is slow...
One more cast...

johnny walleye

Dog,  I know some  one who makes recurve bows, on my facebook page is Joni Mets Latocha her husband  John can make you what you need, I can get phone number for you .

Dog

Quote from: johnny walleye on November 01, 2014, 07:39:44 PM
Dog,  I know some  one who makes recurve bows, on my facebook page is Joni Mets Latocha her husband  John can make you what you need, I can get phone number for you .

Interesting. PM me their phone number and I'll give them a call before I buy anything... thanks for the lead.
One more cast...

RHYBAK

Closed the cottage up.
Put the boat away.

Now,it's river fishing time.

T-Bone

Looked at bug suits. I'll post a new thread asking for reviews / insights sometime soon.
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Greg

After going fishing for 3 hours in freezing cold temperatures on the Ottawa river on Saturday morning east of Ottawa, I dropped the boat off for winter preparation and storage.  Its always a sad day when I say good by to the boat for another winter.

Dog

Had a minor outpatient surgery so I can sit more comfortably. while not life or death, I justified the surgery by telling myself it was fishing related... Now, I'll be able to stay out longer on the water and win the Crystal Head... It's on like donkey kong in 2015, the trophy is coming home to state college! (as soon as I recover fully that is...:-)
One more cast...

RHYBAK

Quote from: Dog on November 07, 2014, 11:33:26 AM
Had a minor outpatient surgery so I can sit more comfortably. while not life or death, I justified the surgery by telling myself it was fishing related... Now, I'll be able to stay out longer on the water and win the Crystal Head... It's on like donkey kong in 2015, the trophy is coming home to state college! (as soon as I recover fully that is...:-)
Wow . Too bad.  Sounds like it could be a real pain in the A$$ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oarin

Made 3 new cup/beer can/ ash tray holders out of PCV pipe to duct tape to the sides of the camp boat. Now all I need is JULY to get here!!!!