Leech pricing / where to buy.

Started by Kyle Skelding, May 22, 2019, 07:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schneve

We purchased a half pound on July 18th and they were very good.  They were $28.99/half lb. from pronature. 

Ira

This year, we traveled to Ogascanan Lodge w/ 7 lbs of leeches (maybe 2 lbs too many?) and a 10-gallon Lindy bait tamer. At camp, we put all the leeches in the bag, tied it to the dock, and left it in the lake. No problems w/ losing any leaches and no need to worry about changing water.

Dan was pretty impressed w/ the bag, said he'd never seen one like it. We left it, and the leftover leeches, w/ him when we left.

I think we'll get a 5-gallon one for next year.

Chazz

Ira thanks for the posting - will have to check out the bait tamers for our upcoming trip.  Probably will look at a smaller version for the three of us.  Even 5 pounds of leeches sounds like an awful lot of leeches - how many guys was this for and how long a trip.  How was the fishing and how were the bugs

Ira

Chazz -

There were 7 in our group, and we were at Ogascanan for 5 days.

T-Bone

Quote from: Schneve on July 23, 2019, 08:25:23 PM
They were $28.99/lb from pronature.

Just to confirm...$28.99/pound? Really?

I'd still get mine from Corina at Kipawa Bait...we used 2 pounds last week and they were perfect size (M-L) and lively to the point of being annoying...except when they were on the hook or in an 'eyes mouth. Can't ask for or expect better quality. And if that price you quoted is true, the premium price at KB&T is still worth every penny.

Had a great week up there last week...report coming soon. 

Embrace every moment...you only get it once

smitty55

Quote from: T-Bone on August 05, 2019, 01:13:05 PM
Quote from: Schneve on July 23, 2019, 08:25:23 PM
They were $28.99/lb from pronature.

Just to confirm...$28.99/pound? Really?
Had a great week up there last week...report coming soon.

He said it was half a pound at 28.99.
Looking forward to your report

Cheers

T-Bone

Yes...that adds up now...I should have read closer. Brain still floating in Bleue, I guess....  :o
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

limacharley

Hey guys---I don't remember who suggested to put lettuce in the leech container but our leeches lasted 40 days in the fridge...just changing the water every once and awhile adding new lettuce leaves.
Thank You.
Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein