SmithBay Outfitters

Started by plowjock, July 01, 2021, 02:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plowjock

Just home from SmithBay Outfitters. Had a GREAT time. Weather was not onboard with us. Did manage to get out as often as we could. Yes, the Fish Gods were with me. I'm not much of a worm washer or Leech drowner. I threw mostly plastics and had a field day landing some pretty decent Smallies. Found those brown fish to have quite an attitude. Did manage to catch some walleyes also, all on Zman TRD's and Ned rigging. i also caught a couple of pike which also had attitude to them. My friend took me on a tour the one afternoon we didn't get rain and went down to Lindros' landing.(Corribeaus) Quite a set up there. Came back to SBO via the Canal route, very intriguing, and hard to believe how all that was formed. On our tour we noticed that Landriault's is in very much disrepair, an old outboard motor laying across one dock and couple of boats looked like they were washed up on shore in the back bay. Two Moons Outfitters seem to be very dead around the location. This was my first trip in and enjoyed everything about the great waterway, scenery wise, fish wise and the courtesy extended to people who were fishing by guides passing by. Weatherman could use a swift kick in the butt with what we had but bimini top sure helps keep me dry. Guaranteed this won't be my last trip to SmithBay Outfitters. Did meet  Brent with an older Lund who was on the old forum. Sorry our paths didn't cross Rhybak.

Greg

hey PJ... I just returned from Alwaki lodge this morning (near Corbeau lodge) ... we did a long run up to Hay bay on Tuesday (one of the only nice days we had).

I drove right by Rhybak without even knowing he was fishing in a side bay.  We visited Canal bay also... did you mention that there is a way to exit Canal bay and head north?  I have looked at the map and it looks so small, I have never really explored it.

Greg

plowjock

Greg, There is no way to exit the Canal to the North, just have to turn around and enjoy the scenery.
This was my first trip there and I'm really amazed how the good Lord has all those trees growing right out of the side walls on the Canal.
I don't think in all the area of Lake Kipawa  shoreland there would be 50 tons of soil all accounted.
Didn't find much in silty areas either or much weed growth.
I should mention, pretty well all those trees in the forests around Lake Kipawa are all growing out of Canadian Shield Rock.
Yes, that afternoon was probably the best day of our stay.

RHYBAK

Nice report Plowjock.
I saw your boat tied up at the dock Tuesday evening as I was fishing in the bay until dark.
Maybe next time
Glad to hear you had a good time
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Oarin

Thanks for the report. Nice to see them coming again. Sorry about the weather, we've had years like that too. My old fishing buddy, Capt. Guy,(RIP) always said nothing trumps the weather. Looking forward to your report, RHYBAK. I'm still hoping to get my Aug. 28th trip in. Happy 4th!