Border

Started by nfc30, May 30, 2021, 08:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nfc30

Has anyone travelled across the bridge on Highway 63 to Kipawa recently? It seems that Ontario plates are allowed to renter Ontario from Quebec. The only issue seems to be crossing the Quebec border, I wonder if police will still be patrolling as their province has opened?

RHYBAK

Extended to June 16
What part of that do you not understand?
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Kyle Skelding

Police have been relaxing on a lot of their covid enforcement powers., It's a fair question to ask if people have been able to get through the border.

michelle

Hey nfc30 :). We drove through at about 9am on may 15th, only OPP at that time but when we returned to Ontario, both QPP and OPP were there. I think they will be closed til the 16th.... hoping it changes!

nfc30

Lund Rebel

I crossed over on the Thursday evening of the  May 24 weekend. I spoke to the QPP before leaving and was told if you owned cottages you could cross to check on it, do maintenance but I was told I should bring a tax bill to prove I own in Quebec. I ended up crossing over at around10:30 pm and did not get stopped however, there were police at the Border (both sides). I did not get stopped crossing back over into Ontario on the Monday.

puckster_guy

I'm going to Barrie tomorrow. I have a dr's appt to check my eyes for cararact surgery in the fall and a dental appt. Coming back here next week. I don't anticipate any issues this time.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)