Gas availability on lake Kipawa

Started by Netman, February 02, 2022, 06:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Netman

For those of you that trailer your own boats to Fish Kipawa, how do you handle providing gas?

Fort Wisers

We always filled up at Migizy Gas Station, they have a pump with premium fuel right at the dock.
The gas was always good for us.

Hodgey1

For me "while at Alwaki" Brian always has a good supply of fuel via a 5gal can. I fill my tank prior to launching and then purchase what I need from them and that is usually 10 additional gallons in my 60HP four stroke for the week. This year will probably be a couple gallons more  ??? in my new 225hp.  ;D
Walleye Rock!

Netman

Thanks guys, good to know there is a gas dock. I noticed that some lodges would sell gas, and it looked like others would not.
@Hodgey1  - that big motor should be a lot of fun,  I have a 150 pro XS on my 1750 crestliner, and it moves along very nicely. I love the fuel efficiency of the new 4 strokes.

limacharley

Don't forget Boucher's Marine tucked in the corner on the left in-between the public launch and Migizy's
Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

LanielKid

Most lodge sell gas, or provide gas to be used with rental boats.

I don’t know of any gas docks, so I fill up my fuel trailer at the gas station in Laniel (newly reopened!) and then drive that to the cottage to fill up the toys.

puckster_guy

Way out here at Red Pine I have to drive to town for gas. No gas on the lake between here and Kipawa town.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

hinorth

Migizy's at the dock in the summer for boat (guys with mogas STC's) can get in there nicely as well.  At the pumps in the winter for the sleds.  It's handy and priced the same at the dock as at the pump or at least it was last summer.  Good, friendly service.

crunchie

We are so fortunate to purchase gas at Migizy's dock for the same price as up on the hill.  Not many marinas offer that price.
Keep your stick on the ice and your rod in the water

GregL

I used to bring 4 25L cans with me, but now my boat has 50 US Gal tank that carries us for a full week. So I just fill on the way in.

Gotta love a Yamaha SHO! 115hp pushing 20' boat all week one 1 tank :)

Netman

I agree @GregL, I am still getting used to the 4 stroke 150 on my crestliner. Went fishing all day at a local lake on only used 1/8 of a tank. Would have used way more on my other boat with a 150 2 stroke - the 4 strokes are soo quite - hard to tell if it is running at idle. Now all I need is a better way to keep my 3 12v trolling motor batteries charged.

puckster_guy

Quote from: Netman on February 03, 2022, 07:56:22 AM
Thanks guys, good to know there is a gas dock. I noticed that some lodges would sell gas, and it looked like others would not.
@Hodgey1  - that big motor should be a lot of fun,  I have a 150 pro XS on my 1750 crestliner, and it moves along very nicely. I love the fuel efficiency of the new 4 strokes.
Hey bro, does that big motor troll? I have a 90hp on a similar crestliner. It trolls all day at 2mph. I need to replace it with the same tub in the next couple of yrs.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

GregL

Quote from: puckster_guy on March 29, 2022, 03:37:50 PM
Quote from: Netman on February 03, 2022, 07:56:22 AM
Hey bro, does that big motor troll? I have a 90hp on a similar crestliner. It trolls all day at 2mph. I need to replace it with the same tub in the next couple of yrs.

It does we trolled for the week we were up last September because our tm failed. It's awesome with even a little wind we can get below 2 but on the dead calm days we were hard pressed to get to 2 even back trolling. I would really like to put a 9.9 on my boat.

Netman

Sorry, can't help you on that, I also have a 9.9 kicker we use for trolling.