Getting stoked!

Started by Nancy, June 24, 2015, 08:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nancy

I have two countdowns going on at the same time. First 7 days until I hit retirement. So looking forward to that! After having worked at least 50 hours a week for many years, slowing down seems very inviting. Secondly, 9 days until John and I, and the daughter and son-in-law leave for Lake Ogascanan.  Excitement is definitely brewing.

puckster_guy

How awesome to retire Nancy...about 4 more years of torture for me, With a few 48 hour weeks to. Tired of o/t but it's a necessary evil. I haven't been able to get up to camp much this year yet. Glad your heading up good luck and have fun
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

SgtCrabby

I know exactly where you are Nancy,  My first countdown hit zero when I retired 24 days ago and the way I feel, I should have done it earlier.    ;D
It is great.   May I wish you a happy retirement also !

My second countdown is 27 days before I can start my drive north.

getthenet

Congrats ! Hope to see you and John first week of August .

600 miles north

Happy for you Nancy! I look forward to the day I can say the same ( which is a long way off yet) at the same time I don't want to wish my life away, so I'll just keep plugging away. Good luck and safe travels on your trip. We can't wait to hear about it when you return...

Brad
600 miles north is where I'd rather be!

rambler

Way to go Nancy! Enjoy every minute of it!

Jay Thomas

Retirement - there's no life like it!

Congratulations Nancy. Have a great trip to Ogascanan.

Jay

Oarin

Retirement ROCKS !! Good luck on your trip.

michelle

Congrats on your retirement! And have fun :)

CaptainCrappie

Good for you Nancy!  I retired in 2010 and would have done so sooner if I could have found health insurance. But, I caution you about thinking that you will be having more free time.  The word is out now,  and all the hounds will be after you now since you have all this free time.... and'they don't!  Enjoy!

C.C.
You don't get these days back.  Live each day as if it were your last and one day you will be right.