The epitomy of last minute trips

Started by Nancy, September 20, 2017, 12:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nancy

John and I was having lunch today and the weather here in Pa is beautiful. Checked the weather forecast and it is to be more of the same till the middle of next week. Checked the weather at Kipawa, which was the wrong thing to do. They are going to have weather just like ours. After much haggling back and forth, we called the Mullens and yes, they do have a cabin open. So we are leaving tomorrow morning between 6-7AM. John and I have been busy as little beavers. We will just be up there for 5 days. 6 hours and counting.

getthenet

Good for you and John !!!! Enjoy and try not to forget too much this trip !  ;)

fishtildark

just 5 days.... anyone else feel sorry for them? or like me , just jealous..? I think it is wonderful that you have the flexibility to make the spur of the moment trip.
have a great time and I imagine you will remember all the things you forgot the first time. Safe travels
So many lures and so little time.

T-Bone

We're not leaving until Noon'ish, but you never know...may run into you somewhere.

Embrace every moment...you only get it once

NortonJoe

And here I am counting down 310 days... :(. Enjoy that trip...we will expect a report!
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau

Hodgey1

Walleye Rock!

ziggy6

Outstanding!!!! got to love the spontaneity.   Hope you have a great trip and I'm very envious! 

Fort Wisers

That's so awesome, enjoy the much deserved trip.....

Oarin

That's great Nancy! Safe travels and good fishing to you both.

SgtCrabby

Enjoy your trip.
Remember to pack the important things.
Tight lines and good catching.

Nancy

We are back. It was a great trip. Absolutely gorgeous weather. Not always conducive to walleye catching, but we did better than expected. We ate fish, enjoyed the beautiful scenery, and brought fish home. All in all, it was a winner! Will report a more complete report in a few days.

john c

Nancy and Ginny Mullens were kabitzing today and Ginny said "we have a cabin open, the point cabin hasn't been put to bed for the winter" and I thought---------here we go again!  NOOOOOO

john c
Smile, every one will wonder what you have been up to.

SgtCrabby

getthenet

Go for it , John ! Life 's too short !

limacharley

hope it has a woodstove? the nights are cool now. 40 degrees
Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein