Personal stuff

Started by Administrator, April 11, 2021, 09:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Administrator

I have been thinking that maybe some of you long time board members are owed an explanation. Most of you know that I lost my husband (John C on here) three years ago. We were best friends and soul mates. I had a friend tell me recently and I don't think she would mind if I quoted her. "Not everyone has the opportunity to meet their soul mate. You sure did." The last three years have been the toughest of my life. It actually feels like 10 years. Just in the past month I am beginning to finally feel like my old self again.

I only have one special needs daughter who lives in a group home. And because of Covid I wasn't able to visit with her for a year only virtually.Finally about a month ago, they have left her come home for home visits. What a relief! That did not help the situation. 

This is why if you noticed my absence and emergence of the board recently. Thank you for your patience.

Oarin

Nancy, I can't imagine how hard that must be for you. Stay strong and you're in my thoughts and prayers.

puckster_guy

No apologies needed. We all know what's happening and only too glad to help in any way possible. We are family. Thank you for all you both did to bring us all together.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

SgtCrabby

As Puckster said so well:
No apologies needed. We all know what's happening and only too glad to help in any way possible. We are family. Thank you for all you both did to bring us all together.

Hodgey1

Quote from: puckster_guy on April 11, 2021, 01:27:59 PM

Ditto! All the best to you Nancy. Very glad to hear that a corner has been turned in a better direction for you.
Walleye Rock!

plowjock

As a Newbie on the KFF board and not knowing much history of it, my sincere thoughts are with you and your family. From what
I have witnessed you run a darn good site here.
The folks who have posted before me have summed things up very well.
I don't have much more to add to what  previous posters have already said.
Keep your head up and enjoy the most of life that you can.
You are doing a fantastic job keeping this Board going.

T-Bone

Glad to hear you're seeing the sunshine of life again Nancy...keep plowing forward and always remember to embrace every moment...you only get it once.
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Greg

Hey Nancy,

As many others have said, no need for an apology.  Life just sometimes finds ways to consume all our time in one way or another.  Over a year ago, I offered to help you out here on the board and I haven't been to responsive to that... I am in month 14 of my new job and it is full speed every day all day, and evenings and weekends... I hope it slows down sometime, but I don't think it will (its a good thing I am enjoying it).

Take care and I am glad you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  As always, here to support you in whatever time I can.

Greg

CaptainCrappie

Nancy,  coping with a loss of a soul mate has to be the most ultimate lonely feeling.  I've heard it said that those that have lost cherished spouses, or children have only "time" which helps with going forward. As the guys have said, you need not apologize to us for anything. Religious folks can pray for you and all of us that believe can do that.

C.C.
You don't get these days back.  Live each day as if it were your last and one day you will be right.

NortonJoe

God bless you Nancy! So happy that you are turning the corner...that grieving process is a tough one.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau

Kyle Skelding

Nancy you take care of yourself and your family first and foremost. As a fairly quiet member, but regular reader, of the forum I'd like to say we appreciate everything you have done. Hope better times are ahead for you and everyone that has been affected by the times. There are some great members here that definitely keep this forum alive, thank you everyone for your stories and sharing. 

johnny walleye

Prayer for you and your family , and thanks