Countdown Controversy “LOL”

Started by Hodgey1, June 28, 2019, 09:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hodgey1

Disclaimer: As my anticipation builds for my upcoming Kipawa trip, I start this thread for humor sake only. Not intend for any other purpose. May cause weight gain. ;)

So here it is- When doing a proper trip countdown, does one include the travel day “if they have one” or should the countdown be associated with the actual proposed landing at camp? I struggle with this each time i do my calculations and it bugs me. Please help me feel better with my calculations!

29 or 30?  ;D
Walleye Rock!

Greg

The day you put foot on the island at Alwaki is how I measure.

So that might be 30 for you.  ;D

Ozzy30

How ever you want to count it I will be fishing tomorrow after lunch at Alwaki.   It could be argued that it stops when you have your first beer or other spirit, but I have been having lots this week in preparation so that really would not be an accurate number.

GregL

T-Bone

Like GregL for me; our countdown 'ends' at 5AM on the day we leave...when we pullout of the driveway...27.74 days from now!!!
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

SgtCrabby

For me, it's when I pull out of my driveway.     
So I am in the same scenario as GregL and T-Bone.
But then, I have several days after that before I put foot on the ground at the lake.

31 days 18 hrs ...

So how many countdown to departure and how many countdown to arrival? 

BH

For me it is the day we pull out of the driveway and the adventure begins.  Each year there is a little different twist to the trip because of the people we meet along the way or the places we decide to stop.  From the CLE we have had many of good visits to Huntsville and North Bay on the Friday evening before our arrival at camp the following morning.
Love fishing

Hodgey1

I must agree with the majority, so far. I think the proper countdown should end at departure time. The bulk of the reason I think that is due to the build up of excitement to that point. I really enjoy the trip up and loath the trip back.......

I am contemplating leaving earlier this year, maybe 4:00 am, so I can miss some of the wonderfulness of the 400 Nord. That would put us in Timiscaming around 1:00pm friday? Hmm, that could lead to excess beer drinking  ???
Walleye Rock!

Ira

The event begins when we're in the truck and on the road - less than 24 hours!

Oarin

Jig and drift

Travel day counts in our world. Leaving in 20 minutes !   Going to be hot hot hot

Hodgey1

Quote from: Jig and drift on June 30, 2019, 08:22:28 AM
Travel day counts in our world. Leaving in 20 minutes !   Going to be hot hot hot

Enjoy J & D !
Walleye Rock!