trip report Bush Country Camp 9/6 -9/13

Started by fishtildark, September 15, 2021, 09:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishtildark

Well , we finally got back to Bush Country after missing 3 spring trips, 2 for covid and family issues in 2018. Had a great time and the fishing , while not the numbers of spring trips was very good.
First, the trip... We both got two tests to give us a better shot at timely results and in case of a false positive which seems to be an issue at times. Had my walgreens 24 hr test results in about an hour so that was great. Jack was not long after that. We Departed Sunday in plenty of time to not have the 72 hrs expire while on the Peace Bridge.. not to worry, there were only about 4 cars at customs. Of course that meant everyone was being "randomly " tested. After a few stops for liquor and beer we made Temiscaming around 6, got licenses checked in at the Bercai and had drinks and dinner at the Temrose.
Made the landing on Sassaginega by 11 Monday and settled in at Camp.
Wont try to detail every day as they run together but we had really good steady fishing for the first five days. A number of walleyes over the slot with the largest about 25inches but plenty in the slot and very few under sized. Several nice sized pike but no trophy sized.
Things slowed a bit the last two days but , that does happen. Still caught some fish but worked harder for them.
The one night i thought we were going to get into a feeding frenzy we got chased off the lake by lightning. I believe it rained at some point every day.
The camp was really in great shape as Norm and Chantelle spent the slow times during covid remodeling cabins and improving docks.
We couldnt have asked for a much better trip and the September fishing was the best fall fishing I can remember there. Looking forward  to the next trip, hopefully June 2022.
So many lures and so little time.

Ozzy30

Hodgey1

Really glad that you guys were able to make the trip. Sound like you had great fishing. Maybe next year things will be back to normal and your June trip will happen again.
Walleye Rock!

T-Bone

Thanks for the report...nice trip. Amazing how similar the reports sound...solid fishing with cold spots. Ah...Lake Kipawa...she's a tricky one.
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Greg

Good to see another successful trip report Fishtildark! 

And glad you were able to navigate the border crossing process successfully also!

Greg

plowjock

Congrats on finally being able to make this long awaited trip.
Sounds like everything went pretty well, with even the fine finned friends participating in your routine.
May you make it back here next June in more favourable conditions.
Glad you made it back home, all safe and sound.

johnny walleye