Smog advisory / air quality - FYI

Started by Greg, July 10, 2018, 05:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

FYI... as there is lots of news about the forrest fires near Temagami... I texted with my friend Deborah today who is currently at Alwaki ... I asked her after I saw the weather bulletin when I checked the forecast.

This is what she replied...

Hi Greg, air quality is good here today but not so good yesterday.  We could smell the smoke and it was hazy.  We had a big rain storm which I think helped.  No one seems worried about the fires around here so am thinking it's all good.  Will let you know if that changes.

...Greg

puckster_guy

Cool good to know. Thx Greg. I'm heading up for a couple of days on Monday. I wanna keep an eye on this.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Nancy

eric

Thanks for the update. I am leaving Friday night to head up to our cabin near Laniel and had heard it was a bit hazy the other day.

limacharley

Some of that smoke/haze would most likely be from fires in between Laniel and Ville Marie. Not sure if they are out yet or not. I'm assuming they are.

The Temagami fires and those of Lady Evelyn area are a long ways away. We had quite a bit of rain on Sunday afternoon in the North Bay/Sudbury/Temagami basin.

Here's a link to the FF situation.
http://www.gisapplication.lrc.gov.on.ca/ForestFireInformationMap/Index.html?site=AFFES_ONLine&viewer=AFFES_ONLINE&locale=en-US

Contact your lodge if you want an update for that area.
Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

limacharley

Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

puckster_guy

wow, things are really spreading. I hope all the cottagers are ok. I looked around there for a property before I found the lots on Kip.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)