Things that i may try or do differently

Started by fishtildark, October 03, 2017, 06:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishtildark

I have enough of a problem with my weight and I can feel myself loading on a couple extra lbs . just reading this. thanks for some really good ideas. Sam
So many lures and so little time.

Phil Indablank

Quote from: Hodgey1 on October 30, 2017, 08:46:08 PM
Quote from: Oarin on October 04, 2017, 01:02:52 PM
Inch and a half! My kid's a heck of a cook. A perfect medium rare.

Oarin, I was just looking through your food pictures again and think the Rice, shrimp and sausage dish looks like it would be my favorite, even though the steak also looks amazing. I assume that it is Jambalaya?

When I make Jambalaya, I use this recipe from Emril that is fairly simple to make and delicious with great spice.

http://emerils.com/121423/cajun-jambalaya

The jambalaya recipe is pretty simple, but it is one of my favorites.  I actually just use the Zatarain's jambalaya rice mix and add a can of the Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies.  We get some good andouile sausage and shrimp and add that with about 10 minutes cooking time left.

Hodgey1

Quote from: Phil Indablank on November 21, 2017, 02:40:20 PM
The jambalaya recipe is pretty simple, but it is one of my favorites.  I actually just use the Zatarain's jambalaya rice mix and add a can of the Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies.  We get some good andouile sausage and shrimp and add that with about 10 minutes cooking time left.
It looks great!  I will have to give that a try, thanks for passing along.
Walleye Rock!

SgtCrabby

I've used almost the exact recipe, but your picture sure looks tastier.

I know some Cajuns and they use the Zatarains products;  they consider them authentic.