Taggart Bay Lodge up for sale!!

Started by BigChief, July 12, 2021, 09:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigChief

Looks like Yves has put TBL up for sale. $1,995,000 CAD but willing to negotiate.
Would be about $1.6 mil US without negotiating down, so about $120k a guy.
Need about 10 guys on here to pitch in. We can run it like a time share if not using your cabin full-time.
Who's with me?!
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-land-for-sale/north-bay/water-front-private-property-for-sale/1575440344

RHYBAK

Wow
What's going on?
Everybody is selling up there????
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

T-Bone

Well...after a year like last year with reportedly ~20% paid census (only 20% of normal revenue), I'm sure the charm of owning/operating a camp lost some of its sheen and hit the owners' pocketbooks hard. The fixed cost of operation stays no matter how many guests you have...so that's their "retirement" money the owners' would be dipping into.

And, I'd imagine there's an average cycle of turnover for a fishing camp business on any lake...maybe 20 years or so. If nothing else, this is just natural ownership turnover. After all...I'd imagine owning and operating a camp is for those on the younger side of 45 years old.

TBL is a nice camp, but given the choices on other parts of the lake, I'd spend my $$$ on another option. 
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Hodgey1

Alwaki Lodge $1,200,000 CAD/957702.00 USD ÷ 10 = $95,702 ea USD  8) I get cabin 5 though 8) 
Walleye Rock!

T-Bone

There's a premium on Cabin 5. But that's cool...you can have it. I get Brian's residence on the end of the island. Ozzy can have the Lodge. Greg in Cabin 6....GregL in Cabin 4... Mattie in Cabin 9...

Anyone else want to call dibs? ;)

That would be soooo sweet....

Embrace every moment...you only get it once

limacharley

You guys are all too old to do regular maintenance.....well except Mattie I suppose.
Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

Greg

I'm in for cabin 6, no problem.

What an opportunity.... if I win the Lotomax lottery tonight (I think it is $65m), its happening.

Hodgey1

Quote from: T-Bone on July 13, 2021, 10:59:41 AM
There's a premium on Cabin 5. But that's cool...you can have it. I get Brian's residence on the end of the island. Ozzy can have the Lodge. Greg in Cabin 6....GregL in Cabin 4... Mattie in Cabin 9...

Anyone else want to call dibs? ;)

That would be soooo sweet....

??? Forgot about the big house
Walleye Rock!

Ozzy30

Thats ok Hodgey I was going to compete on #5 until Todd mentioned the lodge lol.

RHYBAK

lol
Why don't you all split cabin #5 and use it accordingly
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Hodgey1

Quote from: Ozzy30 on July 14, 2021, 08:13:48 AM
Thats ok Hodgey I was going to compete on #5 until Todd mentioned the lodge lol.

Lets do what John Suggested! We split cabin 5, each $47,851 USD. I get June, July, Aug & Sept and you the rest.  8) Fair right ??? I get 4 months & you 8  8)
Walleye Rock!

Ozzy30

I thought we were friends, I know the picture I have of U and I, T-bone and Mattie we all look like friends drinking and smiling together. Now I'm not sure.  lol.  Can't wait for the good times to return.

Hodgey1

Quote from: Ozzy30 on July 15, 2021, 01:02:22 PM
I thought we were friends, I know the picture I have of U and I, T-bone and Mattie we all look like friends drinking and smiling together. Now I'm not sure.  lol.  Can't wait for the good times to return.

Me too Oz........ Miss seeing you and your gang. We/I have had many memorable times at Alwaki. Meeting folks like you and many others, has been one of the greatest benefits of choosing to spend my very precious vacation time at Kipawa. I love fishing there and I love holding court on the porch with a cold beverage, with friends I've made like you just as much.

Part of what has driven some of us south of the boarder batty here on the forum, is the lose of all of that. Now it is looking like two full seasons for many. For me that 4 trips. When you factor my age, I may miss close to 20% of my remaining times to visit Kipawa. I can't "and shouldn't" speak for @Oarin , but when he is doing his math......its making his heart ache missing any trips. The closed boarder is not just keeping people from the stupid fishing trips, its crushed an annual escape that some here on the board have been doing 30-40 or more years. The stupid fishing trips have been helping me cope, with the everyday drone of what is at times, a very stressful life. I miss all of my Canadian and American Friends I've made at Kipawa and still hold a small bit of hope "though fading" for a September Trip.

Oz, I say split the entire Alawki cost together with Todd & Mattie. Keep the big house for all of us and then time share the cabins to forum members for a net cost of zero for all of us in the end?  ;D
Walleye Rock!

Oarin

Hodgey, you're right. I'm in my mid 70's, still hoping my cancer is still gone, and every trip is invaluable. It's the one time I get to spend a week alone with my son, who lives 5 hours away. We don't even fish that much, usually only evenings for a few hours. Just us being there at the outpost six miles from anyone else is the high point of my year. So, yes, you can speak for me on that. I hope if Taggarts sells the new owners do as good a job as Yves has done for so many years. I'm still hoping for my late August trip.

GregL

I need Cabin 10, we have 3 Labradors to house as well LOL!

Also, I would like to be allowed to install some outdoor kennels. This week was the first week in over 10 years we fished
with no dogs in the boat because my buddy has a kennel building on his property where we were staying. So we knew we could leave them and they are safe!

I love having the dogs with us but I'm not going to lie, it was very nice to not have to worry about where the hooks and line are!!