Mining?

Started by Fort Wisers, June 08, 2015, 09:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fort Wisers

Anyone heard anything on the latest developments of potential mining by Matamec, Globex or any other companies?
Thanks for any information you can send

puckster_guy

As far as I know it's still up in the air. The current Quebec govt seems to like the idea but many locals and natives are dead set against it. The fight is on and many are fighting both local and provincial govt folk who see only dollar signs and not the potential costs in the enviroment or tourism so many rely on. For more info I invite you to check out the oppositions facebook page for more info.

I can't seem to get a working link so go to facebook and search "protect Kipawa Lake"
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Fort Wisers

Thanks!
I have followed Christina Moreau's google+ page for a while now and was on there today but it looks like there hasn't been any activity since this winter past, so I didn't know if there had been any progression since then.
I'll sit down tonight and read through all her posts tonight as well as check out the facebook page you mentioned!
My family has been on the lake for generations plus my wife and I are considering buying again (we used to own) on kipawa and are potentially looking near grindstone (which is one area of particular interest for mining it seems).
So we have personal ties wanting the mine to not moving forward.
On a less selfish note, it would just simply be a real shame to see the aftermath of a mine in such a beautiful area!
Cheers
   Brent