A few older trip reports: Not Kipawa

Started by gordy28ca, January 11, 2020, 10:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordy28ca

So I don't think I can post directly into the non Kipawa index in the Master Trip report but thought I would share as I am sure there are similar souls to me that search out trip reports to help ease the winter blues lol
These are some of the first trips we took - and how I ended up finding the old Kipawa thread (it was between Lady Evelyn and Lac Ogascanan way back when)

Anyway they are here if anyone is interested
Lady Evelyn Lake 2008
https://www.northernjacks.com/post/things-that-go-bang-in-the-night
Brennan Harbour 2012
https://www.northernjacks.com/post/fat-bottom-bouncers-make-the-fishing-world-go-round

Cheers
Andrew
My outdoors blog www.northernjacks.com

Oarin

NortonJoe

Great report @gordy28ca...you are so right that now is when I need to read some of the old reports to get through the rest of the winter.  Our group went to Lady Evelyn Lake/Ellen Island some years back, I'm guessing twenty or twenty-five or so.  It was a really nice camp and we had a great time.  We kinda thought the walleye bite was slow but we figured it out and caught enough of all species.  We only went the one time but not because of any complaints about the lake, fishing or accommodations.  Thanks for the report!
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau

gordy28ca

Thanks guys
Glad you enjoyed - I am going to post some other reports from our trips in a bit
Hopefully they also ease the winter burn lol

SgtCrabby

@gordy28ca, I was at Lady Evelyn in '08 also, at Island10 - cabin 4. 
But we were there in late May (second week of the season).  Thought I was going to freeze. And it did get dark at night when the island electricity was shut off; we learned to light the kerosene lantern real fast.   

It was an attractive 'full service' camp.

gordy28ca

Quote from: SgtCrabby on January 23, 2020, 01:22:25 AM
@gordy28ca, I was at Lady Evelyn in '08 also, at Island10 - cabin 4. 
But we were there in late May (second week of the season).  Thought I was going to freeze. And it did get dark at night when the island electricity was shut off; we learned to light the kerosene lantern real fast.   

It was an attractive 'full service' camp.

Wow that's a coincidence for sure.  We liked Island 10 as well and we talk alot about going  back one of these years for a short trip or to Kipawa or Ogascanan shorter drive for us from Toronto area