Alwaki Next Week

Started by Jighead, June 13, 2016, 07:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jighead

Heading to Alwaki this Friday for June 18th - 25th. 1st time to Alwaki and have heard great things about Brian and his camp. Looking forward to getting up there. Looks like weather is going to warm up into the low 80's starting this coming weekend. Hoping bugs not too bad and fish are active. Anyone else heading up to Kipawa area next week?

puckster_guy

Yup gonna be up for the week next week. I have much work to do at camp, but I can't go there and not fish as well...
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

adempsey

Head up on the 24th.  Looking forward to it!  First time to Kipawa and can't wait!

RHYBAK

Quote from: Jighead on June 13, 2016, 07:43:38 PM
Heading to Alwaki this Friday for June 18th - 25th. 1st time to Alwaki and have heard great things about Brian and his camp. Looking forward to getting up there. Looks like weather is going to warm up into the low 80's starting this coming weekend. Hoping bugs not too bad and fish are active. Anyone else heading up to Kipawa area next week?

Where are you staying Friday night?
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Jighead

Auberge Canadienne. Hoping to get in about 7PM Friday. Leaving Virginia Thursday evening and staying at father-in-law outside of Pittsburg. Should be on road by 5-6AM.  You?

PETERBFLY

Good Luck.. Prime weeks to fish Kipawa are the last two weeks in June in my opinion.. Hope you slay them..
Live to Hunt and Fish.. Work to pay for both..

RHYBAK

We should be pulling into the Auberge around the same time

T-Bone

Quote from: PETERBFLY on June 15, 2016, 12:21:53 PM
Good Luck.. Prime weeks to fish Kipawa are the last two weeks in June in my opinion.. Hope you slay them..

Last two weeks of June are OK, especially if you like mosquitoes and black flies by the buh-jillions.  ;D

Not sure I'd characterize the fishing as 'better' or 'more consistent' in June versus other times. Last year, early June was very, very good though. Best weather, fishing, and bug density index we've found has always been late-July / early-August. Warm days, cool nights, stable weather.

A big crew of us will be at Alwaki Lodge, arriving July 30th. Perfect timing with us arriving as the new moon phase starts and is set for August 2nd. Should be an epic trip.

Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Jighead

I'll keep an eye out for you.

My group of guys were up at Kipawa same week 2 years ago. Fishing was excellent. I found it interesting that evenings were much better than early morning. All eyes caught on small jigs 1/16 and 1/32 and worms/leeches off the bottom in about 22 FOW to sometimes in 6 FOW. Bugs were not bad either...no black flies. Hoping for the same...

puckster_guy

Quote from: T-Bone on June 15, 2016, 01:07:47 PM
Quote from: PETERBFLY on June 15, 2016, 12:21:53 PM

Last two weeks of June are OK, especially if you like mosquitoes and black flies by the buh-jillions.  ;D

Not sure I'd characterize the fishing as 'better' or 'more consistent' in June versus other times. Last year, early June was very, very good though. Best weather, fishing, and bug density index we've found has always been late-July / early-August. Warm days, cool nights, stable weather

A big crew of us will be at Alwaki Lodge, arriving July 30th. Perfect timing with us arriving as the new moon phase starts and is set for August 2nd. Should be an epic trip.

I find at my end of the lake that the fishing improves as the year goes on. With much better fishing going into the fall then in the spring.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

RHYBAK

Quote from: Jighead on June 15, 2016, 04:13:48 PM
I'll keep an eye out for you.

My group of guys were up at Kipawa same week 2 years ago. Fishing was excellent. I found it interesting that evenings were much better than early morning. All eyes caught on small jigs 1/16 and 1/32 and worms/leeches off the bottom in about 22 FOW to sometimes in 6 FOW. Bugs were not bad either...no black flies. Hoping for the same...

We have always noted that mid morning, afternoon and evening were always better than early morning.
That is why we don't rush to much in the morning.
9 A.M. seems to be the starting point for the bite.

RHYBAK

You won't be able to miss me.
My licence plate gives it away.

WalleyeSashimi

How did you do? Going to Alwaki soon.