Tackle Box

Started by NortonJoe, May 21, 2022, 06:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NortonJoe

Just sitting here going through the tackle box. I’m always torn between wanting the end of July to get here quickly, but then the summer is half gone! So here is the question…if you could only take 1 thing out to put on your line, what would it be?
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau

Fishn Deep

1/8 oz jighead for walleye

CaptainCrappie

Hello Joe.  For an old timer like me that enjoys the quiet.  Give me a Thill slip bobber rigged with a #2 circle hook and leech.  If they're there they will bite it!  My first 4-5 trips to Kipawa I trolled most of the time. Silver or gold #3 Colorado blades with chartreuse beads on a homemade harness, rigged with half of a nightcrawler was my favorite way of fishing back then.  But then one day after trolling a couple of hours on a slow fishing day, I realized how nice the quiet was when I cut the motor to land a fish. It gave my ears a rest. I still troll but not as much.  My first method is anchored with the slip bobber.

C.C.
You don't get these days back.  Live each day as if it were your last and one day you will be right.

Chazz

Silver and black Hot N Tot.  Works for walleye, pike, lake trout, bass.

Oarin

I'm with Captain Crappie. Slip bobbers and leeches.

bjb178

For my son and me, it would be a 1/4 ounce jig and a night crawler.

RHYBAK

Slip Float and Leech in the spring

1/8 ounce jig nd leech in September
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

T-Bone

1/8 oz. jig with small tail...white/pink...of course, a leech always helps.  ;)
Embrace every moment...you only get it once