4TH of July

Started by getthenet, July 04, 2019, 07:31:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

getthenet

Happy 4TH of July to everyone ! Is anybody spending it at a lake somewhere ?

Oarin

Same from me! I'm at home with whole family. Jon and I hit the road for TBL next Saturday.

CaptainCrappie

I won't be spending anytime soon on any of the lakes where I live here in Ohio.  They're flood control lakes and all are way above their normal pool.  The pontoon is sitting in my drive as about two weeks ago the marina called to tell us to take it out of the water due to what has become a record flood.  The day after the boat was removed, in a 24 hour period, the lake rose 4 ft.!  With the gates fully open, the lake drops 3.6" a day, so at the record 8.4 ft. above normal, to get to back to normal will take 28 days!   Of course we've had some additional heavy rains since then which caused the lake to rise a bit. So, I'm even more depressed.  Docking the pontoon costs $575.00 for six months and there is no refund. Later tonight, it's fireworks at a grandson's house.  The family buys fireworks throughout the year and looks forward to this holiday. I will celebrate afterwards, when I know that no one in the family has blown anything off!

I hope everybody celebrated Canada Day, better known as General Rhybak's birthday.  I've witnessed a few fireworks shows at 3 Seasons Camp in honor of that event and have come away with some important safety tips.  Such as, when shooting bottle rockets from a pipe, if one does not go off.....  Never look into that pipe to figure out why!

C.C.
You don't get these days back.  Live each day as if it were your last and one day you will be right.

Captain Hali

Happy Independence Day,
Good advice Captain( One Eye) Crappie.

Hodgey1

Quote from: CaptainCrappie on July 04, 2019, 11:06:21 AM
When shooting bottle rockets from a pipe, if one does not go off.....  Never look into that pipe to figure out why!
Great Tip C.C. !  ;D
Walleye Rock!