Canada weather prediction for this summer

Started by Dog, June 24, 2014, 11:06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puckster_guy

Not bad for people who can't accuately post weekend weather on wednesday. Having said that I can live with a cooler summer, never did like the heat. The last time I was on Kipawa the surface temp was 70 degrees F. Should be good for swimming next time I go up.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

SgtCrabby

I would also love to have a cooler than normal summer.
But when summer moves in here, it stays around for the duration.

puckster_guy

I don't know how you take that heat in Texas Sarge> I drove down there about 30 yrars ago staying in the fishermans lodge at South Padre Island. I did some trout and deep sea fishing while there. It was the first week of april and it was already HOT!!!! ...coming from a Canadian winter anything over 70F felt really hot....It was a great trip with a 3 day stop over in New Orleans on the way there. I'll never forget sitting on the beach with my cooler full of Molson Canadian beer and many locals swapping me 2 to 1 of local swill for my Canadians. lol. What a great time that was.... :)
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

SgtCrabby

Taking the heat is simple in concept; Try to stay out of the sun and drink plenty of cold beverages.  Application takes a bit of practice.   
But so far this year has been a little milder for us; we haven't hit 100F yet (weathermann says next week).
Drought is the worst thing here, I put a picture at a local lake in the picture gallery.
Down on the gulf coast you also have higher humidity that makes it feel worse.

We can't understand how y'all can survive all those winters, especially this last one - brrrrr.

JigginFool

I survive the winters in an ice fishing hut with my fishing buddy!

SgtCrabby

Looks like a great fishing buddy!

I actually lived in the state of Nebraska for several years and their lakes do freeze over enough to auger hole in.  But I know thats not as cold for near as long as our Canadian friends deal with every year.  My hats off to ya (not in the winter, heads gets too cold)

johnny walleye

always pack for summer and winter you never know.

NortonJoe

Personally I prefer sitting in a boat in shorts and no shirt.  It does make the fising a bit more difficult but it usually cuts down the bugs...its all a trade off!
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau