Opening Week Reports

Started by T-Bone, May 29, 2014, 01:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bone

Wow...not a single report from last week. Maybe I should just give it a little time; as they say, a watched pot....

"Yes sir...I'd like to report I have nothing to report."
    -- Lt. Colonel Henry Blake, MASH 4077th

57 Sauce...
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

RHYBAK

Maybe non of the members on this have been up yet.
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

puckster_guy

There's another thread startes called "fishing reports?" I posted one there. I am going up for a week on sat the 31st. A combo work and fishing trip.Also gonna feed the blackflies and mozzies. I am helping laying out the sono tubes to start building my camp. Plus finishing off clearing my shore line. Hooking up with the guy installing a septic. Lots of fun. pics and report when I get back. :) maybe an update midweek when I get to town as I have no phone/ internet at camp.

Joe
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

T-Bone

Quote from: puckster_guy on May 30, 2014, 08:19:55 AM
There's another thread startes called "fishing reports?" I posted one there.

I know I'm getting older, but I can't find the thread you're talking about; I must be losing it or something.

And I hear what you're saying Rhybak, but I'm willing to bet there are more than a couple people out there (at minimum)  that read this board that were up last week. I'm not implying it's incumbent upon anyone to share their experiences, I guess I'm just askin' for them to share their experiences....

56...time to start fiddling with gear...

Embrace every moment...you only get it once

puckster_guy

Dog

One more cast...

Dog

not opening week and not kipawa but if you love walleye then it's worth your time!
http://kipawafishingforum.net/index.php?topic=85.0
One more cast...

john c

Good job Dog, looks like a good time was had by all.  Excellent warm up for the trip north.

john c
Smile, every one will wonder what you have been up to.

Walleye Ray

Got a second hand report on Watson/Grassy opening week.
6 guys from Youngstown, OH area limited out within hours every day, size above average with a few every day above 24".
Their success attributed to the very high water level in the Kipawa River going from Grassy towards Dumoine. Cameron Creek coming in at the top of Grassy was also Hot!
Can't stop thinking that, if things had been different, I would have been up there last week hopefully participating in the feast.

Regards, Walleye Ray

NortonJoe

@Walleye Ray...Hope it holds for another 45 days! Our group is heading to Watson at the end of July!
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau

Walleye Ray

Joe, you're gonna do Great.
Did ya ever get ahold of Gladys??

My next best shot is Mid-September if there's an opening.
Don't think I asked you, what bait and lures work best for you during the last of July??

puckster_guy

Hi guys just a quickie post here. I'm on a bus home to T.O.  I just spent the past hour and a half just catching up on all the posts I missed in the last 2 weeks off line. My Jeep broke down in Temis. They couldn't find the electrical faulcausing the problem. I was "stuck" at camp with no way to get around for the second week. (how tragic I can think of worse places to blow away another weeks holiday however un planned) Due to the help of a couple of neighbours who supplied me with a phone to call my boss and wife(my other boss lol neother was too happy) and suppling me with gas and beer TG for them. My Jeep was towed to the chrysler dealership in North Bay to day. Details and full report to follow when I get home. Will download pics from my phone(too annoying to type on this thing). It was an excellent adventure to say the least. The best part is the start of construction of my camp YAAAAAA.