LakeMaster, feel like I wasted my money for this lake!

Started by GregL, July 10, 2019, 09:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregL

So I bought the new Lake Master Quebec chip. I couldn't help myself, because we have a new Ulterra and this chart has some awesome features. My biggest interest was the water level offset, it seemed like a good idea since this lake level changes.

Check out how far out this chart is and they only let you add up to 30' so this map is completely useless! I contacted the company and asked how can I correct this.. their answer was to use Autochart.. Then why the #@#$@# did I need to buy the chart, I could have stayed with Navionics! I really love my new birds but this is a load of crap!

Ozzy30

That's what you were mentioning when you asked how off my charts were?  What does the ulterra do with the maps? Can you chart a path with the ipilot?

Thanks

GregL

Quote from: Ozzy30 on July 10, 2019, 11:03:16 AM
That's what you were mentioning when you asked how off my charts were?  What does the ulterra do with the maps? Can you chart a path with the ipilot?

Thanks

Does several things that I think if properly utilized you could really enhance the search & boat control.

1) Water offset : Adjusts all the contours to match current depth of the lake.
2) Depth Highlight: I found fish in 20-25 feet, you can highlight all the areas on the lake that are this depth.
3) Follow the contour. Drag'n bottom bouncers or trolling, if your hitting fish down this shore of the second break at 25' say.. you could set the TM to follow that 25' counter automatically.. this is not needed but a nice feature!
4) AutoChart .. not specific to lake master but is the icing on the cake

It's just they used old data for this lake..but don't give you enough adjustment to deal with outdated charts.