Sasseginaga Trip Report - Aug 10th/17th

Started by Chazz, August 20, 2019, 08:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chazz

Three of us spent last week at Sasseginaga Outpost Camp.  Since this was our first time at that lake I Was a bit worried that we would be spending most our time learning the lake and searching for hot spots.  That was not the case.  From the first day on fishing was exceptional.  Actually the best fishing I ever experienced.  The walleye bite in the evening hours was when we caught most of them.  Largest was 26.5 inches.  Only one northern was caught  and that was on a lead headed jig 27.5 inches.  I did some trolling using a small portable downrigger for lake trout - was trolling at 50 ft in 80 ft of water and had one, (I assume) although only got it half way to the boat before it got off the lure. 
The Stickley family purchased Sasseginaga Outpost 4 years ago and and their unending efforts updating and improving are evident.  Very nice family and great hosts.  Hoping can return next year.

Greg

Hodgey1

Sounds like you had a great time, thanks for the report.
Walleye Rock!

Oarin

Glad you guys did well. Thanks for the report.

T-Bone

Quote from: Chazz on August 20, 2019, 08:28:00 AM
Actually the best fishing I ever experienced.

You really can't ask for more than that. Thanks for the report.

The family that owns the camp is from central Ohio...not far from me here in Columbus. I wonder how they find/have the time to own/renovate/manage that place. It is a big family though...I believe brothers, in-laws, siblings are all in on it together.

Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Nancy

Glad to hear your trip to Sass was such a success! I have heard good things about the job the Stickleys are doing there. I agree with T-Bone, can't ask for more than that as far as the best fishing you have had. Thanks for the report.