Kipawa 2022

Started by Hodgey1, January 28, 2022, 11:18:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fort Wisers

That's really awesome Hodgey!

I used to love movie nights at camp. After a day of chores around camp, my grandfather would bring us kids into Kipawa to fill the boat's "cruise a day" (what we called the portable fuel tank in the Naden boat) so we could go fishing that night, on the way back to camp from Kipawa we'd stop at Leo's store, grab a few treats and a movie.
My brother and I would take the old Naden out fishing for the evening after an early dinner, usually to pickerel bay or Sunnyside. My brother always navigated the boat home if it got too dark as I tended to get turned around hahah, I was the "flashlight dude" at the front of the boat, that's all we had for running lights lol.
We'd pull into camp in the pitch dark, fire up the crappy little TV / VCR we had, watch our movie and dig into the treats, after helping to clean anything  we may have caught of course!
This would have been the summers during the timeframe when we were between 12-16 years old maybe? Not a care in the world, those were the days......
Glad you're getting a chance to share the Kipawa experience with the younger generations, I can speak with some certainty that you're providing them an amazing experience they won't forget for the rest of their lives.

Same sentiments as you, it's great to see people planning ahead again!

Quote from: Hodgey1 on February 27, 2022, 11:04:06 AM
It’s really good to see so many folks booked and looking forward to “hopefully” a more normal summer! My first trip will include my grandsons as well as my son in laws. We are all looking so forward to it. My oldest grandson "9" brings it up constantly, I bought a barrel of cheese pufffs for a movie night I had with him the other night and when he saw them he asked if we can bring them to Kipawa. I replied, heck yea, Cheese Puffs it is!  ;D

dkgolfer

Quote from: Ozzy30 on February 10, 2022, 11:10:53 AM
You are welcome any time Hodgey.  You know that.  DKgolfer congrats and where about is your cottage?
Sorry Ozzie, missed the question. Our place is located in Baie McAdam phase 2. Easy access to drive in.

Ozzy30

Very nice, I really have to spend sometime this year once all my spring work is done touring the upper part of the lake.

puckster_guy

Quote from: dkgolfer on March 01, 2022, 08:40:08 AM
Quote from: Ozzy30 on February 10, 2022, 11:10:53 AM
You are welcome any time Hodgey.  You know that.  DKgolfer congrats and where about is your cottage?
Sorry Ozzie, missed the question. Our place is located in Baie McAdam phase 2. Easy access to drive in.
Cool DK, a buddy of mine from work just bought there in the last year or two. Tom a big ole Newfie. Gonna make the boat ride there from Red Pine sometime this summer. I'll let you know when.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Ozzy30

Let me know Puck and we can always meet at my place and make the trip if you want

puckster_guy

Quote from: Ozzy30 on March 02, 2022, 09:16:20 AM
Let me know Puck and we can always meet at my place and make the trip if you want
Will do Oz
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

dkgolfer

Ozzy and Puck, all good….let me know always a cold pint in the fridge. Haven’t met Tom but saw a big guy doing Reno’s on a place in Phase 1, I’ll stop and introduce myself next time I see him. Cheers.