Looking for a responsible Yamaha Outboard Shop with in an hour of GTA

Started by GregL, September 27, 2021, 12:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregL

I am due for my 100 hours service. I typically do my own maintenance but I like to get the milestones completed
by a license manufacture mechanic.

I tried a Yamaha shop local to me just to have it checked out after break in and got it back with a melted water pump!

So I am looking for a good shop, any suggestions?

Ozzy30

I'm on a salmon fishing site and all those guys are from that area, I'll see what I can find out.

Lund Rebel

Bay City Marine is located on Hamilton mountain off Hester. I would ask for Clarence. I can't remember his brothers name. Family run, I bought my boat of him. Family and friends have been doing business there for years.  1 905 574 1222

GregL

Quote from: Ozzy30 on September 27, 2021, 01:56:45 PM
I'm on a salmon fishing site and all those guys are from that area, I'll see what I can find out.

Thanks man!

This is what the water pump housing looked like when I got it back. They probably used ear muffs, SHO's don't like muffs!

Lund Rebel

That's terrible! Let me know how you make out. It is a bit of a cruise from the GTA depending where you are located. Just a heads up traffic is crap coming and going.

GregL

Quote from: Lund Rebel on September 27, 2021, 02:43:06 PM
That's terrible! Let me know how you make out. It is a bit of a cruise from the GTA depending where you are located. Just a heads up traffic is crap coming and going.

You would be surprised in how fast that happens! I suspect they hooked it up to a computer and just threw ear muffs on it. Yamaha's don't really like ear muffs, you
really have to get a good fit or this happens.

I use a 100 gallon stock tank, they aren't cheap but I use it a couple times a year so it was worth it and it should last a long time!

If I find a good reliable Yamaha shop I will post their info on this thread.

Ozzy30

Advanced marine in Bellwood is a reputable Yamaha dealer is what I got so far.   he did ask where you were roughly located greg.  Thx

GregL

Thanks Oz!!

I know them, that is the place we got this boat from :)

I'm in New Market..