Dream Boat LOL

Started by Hodgey1, August 01, 2020, 05:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregL

CONGRATS MAN!! Awesome boat man!

Quote from: Hodgey1 on September 23, 2021, 11:30:14 AM
So, I made an appointment to speak with the Household Finance Minister  "HFM" last night . Being the busy lady that she is and holding such a positon of power, she allowed only a few minutes  of her time.

I came at the HFM with this well honed pitch:

• Saved money on fish purchases
  • Saved money on CAD gas "51gal US fuel capacity"
  • Dry rides to Alwaki
  • Lessened chance for Melanoma from having a Bimini top
  • Quicker spot changes when on a bad fishing location
  • Her own live well
  • Air ride seats
  • Stereo System

I was shocked when not one made her excited to lay down ridiculous sums of family money. Then it came to me....... the grand kids. "Honey....Think about the tube we could pull" The HFM ,lifted a brow and with a whisper said "tube" I said YEA, a tube... we'll now have loads of HP baby and a ski pole to tow it. Long pause.............She get out of the chair and with check book in hand, she shrieks "HIT THE BUY BUTTON!"

Ok, the truth  ::) I have a hand shake deal to purchase the 2018 1975 Lund Pro V. Yea baby! Transfer occurring this coming Wednesday. My wife and I traveled 50 miles to look at it last night, made an offer, they accepted. I took it for a quick whirl around the shallow lake they launched it into, loads of weeds. My wife is a saint, for putting up with me and my expensive hobbies. My real pitch to her was, I will sell my Lund Rebel, I sold my sleds last year and enclosed trailer. I hit a deer last year on my scooter and now ready to sell it and I also reminded her i will be dead soon...... She replied. Not soon enough  ???

plowjock

Hodgey1, as I said in my post yesterday, this will be the last boat you'll buy.
CONGRATS! well earned and the grand kids will really enjoy it.
Now, you're really in trouble. Having to admit when the wife opens her livewell, that you've been out fished.
Just kidding, I hope you really enjoy all the extra safety features of this fantastic boat.
I think you got yourself one heck of a deal at that price.

Hodgey1

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments. This was a long process and filled with tough decisions. I don’t spend a single dollar, without first giving it thought, let alone 50,000 of them. I’m certain there was probably better places to spend that money, but not any I enjoy more that being on the boat, fishing with family.
Walleye Rock!

plowjock

Hodgey1, you forgot the next 2 most important reasons, Peace and Solitude.
I'll bet you after a days fishing, your relaxed and have enjoyed Mother Nature to Her fullest.

Fort Wisers

Hodgey1

thanks Pjock & Fwiser

Here's some more photos of the aluminum black beauty.

Walleye Rock!

GregL

That's awesome!! Even came with trailer steps.. this is definitely an add on I am going to do!

Sexy boat man!

Greg

Great looking boat Hodgey!  Congrats again.

Hodgey1

Quote from: Greg on September 29, 2021, 05:16:57 AM

Thanks Greg, I pick her up today!
Walleye Rock!

GregL

Quote from: Hodgey1 on September 29, 2021, 06:53:41 AM
Quote from: Greg on September 29, 2021, 05:16:57 AM

Thanks Greg, I pick her up today!

NICE BIG DAY!!! I'm really jealous of those trailer steps... that looks so convenient! I gotta add these to my rig!

Hodgey1

I sold my boat last night to the first person who looked at it! 8) Crazy times we are living in. Picking up & paying for the new boat today and tomorrow we do the transfer of ownership on my old boat. WOW  :o Good to be me for a change ;D
Walleye Rock!

GregL

Quote from: Hodgey1 on September 29, 2021, 10:28:26 AM
I sold my boat last night to the first person who looked at it! 8) Crazy times we are living in. Picking up & paying for the new boat today and tomorrow we do the transfer of ownership on my old boat. WOW  :o Good to be me for a change ;D

CONGRATS BUD!!!.. It is a good time to sell for sure!!..

T-Bone

Congrats man!!! Such a prized rig...so happy for you. She's a beauty...I can't wait to fish out of it.  ;D

And you know...smallmouth on Lake Erie are just about ready to get going...and good. I'd be at your door in 3-hours.  ;)
Embrace every moment...you only get it once