RHYBAK

how big is it?
Go look at it.......NOW
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Hodgey1

Quote from: RHYBAK on August 26, 2020, 07:45:18 AM
how big is it?
Go look at it.......NOW

It is a 19’. I am trying to get in contact , but of course Craigslist you have to weed through the BS
Walleye Rock!

T-Bone

That's about 15-miles from my house....so if you come over to look at it, be sure to let me know...

Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Greg

37 hours???? only????? on a 4 year old boat???   Whaaaaatttt???

That is about $30,300 Canadian - that seems pretty darn good... that boat could probably handle a much bigger motor than a 90hp... but a 90 would get you where you need to go.

as RHYBAK said... go look at it... NOW... (and visit T-Bone).

Hodgey1

What a interesting boat. Nothing like a typical fishing boat like all the rest are laid out. This appears to be a very utilitarian design/bare bones. Might be the dual purpose I'm wanting, but I really would miss the front and back flat, raised fishing platforms for jigging on the likes of a Lund & other brands of fishing boats. This appears to be geared mostly as a troller? I need to first see if its not a scam ad, like the last two have been for me, then look more into its functionality.

https://www.marksmarineinc.com/inventory/v1/2017/Weldcraft/By-Model/Angler/18---5114611?1=1&img=11
Walleye Rock!

Ozzy30

Good looking boat, that boat around us Greg would be listed for $45,000.  Right now not much out there.  Good luck Hodgey

RHYBAK

I looked at the pictures.
Yes, a very nice trolling boat.
As for the casting decks, Who cares.
That is for one or two trips to Kipawa. You can deal with that.
Use the cooler cushions as a casting deck
With a boat built like that, you will enjoy trolling close to home more often which will be a majority of your fishing

Hodgey1

Quote from: RHYBAK on August 26, 2020, 10:14:31 AM
I looked at the pictures.
Yes, a very nice trolling boat.
As for the casting decks, Who cares.
That is for one or two trips to Kipawa. You can deal with that.
Use the cooler cushions as a casting deck
With a boat built like that, you will enjoy trolling close to home more often which will be a majority of your fishing

Good points....  ??? Still waiting to hear back and see if it is a legitimate seller
Walleye Rock!

limacharley

take your time
fall and winter are coming and more boats will be advertised
people will need money if the economy goes for a dump after the election

I would hold out for a 20 or 21 footer Hodgey
Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

Greg

@Ozzy30 ... I agree!!  I was helping a friend last night look for boats online and the one he is targeting is close to $50k... (we might go to Toronto on Saturday just to look at it ... supposed to rain like crazy anyway).   After looking around for about 3 hours online yesterday, the market is definitely very different than when I bought 4 years ago.  Hard to believe 5 to 10 year old boats are worth that much!!!

Ozzy30

It's a sellers market.  I could probably get what I pd for my boat less the taxes as I pd 4 years ago.  I bought in 2016 and my boat jumped 5k the next year to buy.  I'm looking but not obsessing yet.

Hodgey1

I picked a fine time to think about upgrading my boat  ???  I am going to be patient and not do anything crazy, at least too crazy  ;)
Walleye Rock!

Hodgey1

I read a little about this Starweld boat, aparently it is designed for rough water. When the center windshield is closed, the back part of the boat is protected from water over the bow. The walk through to the bow is actually a walk up and over and also includes water scuppers that drain out the side of the boat if water came over bow. Nice design for rough waters.

Walleye Rock!

RHYBAK

Hodgey1

between you and me, I would never be caught dead out there if the water was that rough anyways.

The only thing I don't like about that boat is the width.
A bit narrow for a boat that size.

Hodgey1

Quote from: RHYBAK on August 26, 2020, 02:39:14 PM
between you and me, I would never be caught dead out there if the water was that rough anyways.

Agreed, I as a boat newb was just impressed with the design. Allowing water over the bow to divert out drains was pretty cool. I would never decide to go out on Lake Erie, unless wave forecast was for 2’ or less and now I’m only going when the predictions are for 1’ or less. I’m a fair weather fisherman for the most part, unless we are talking light rain and light chop jigg on kipawa  8)
Walleye Rock!