Dream Boat LOL

Started by Hodgey1, August 01, 2020, 05:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHYBAK

Quote from: Hodgey1 on August 26, 2020, 08:04:37 PM
Quote from: RHYBAK on August 26, 2020, 02:39:14 PM
between you and me, I would never be caught dead out there if the water was that rough anyways.

Agreed, I as a boat newb was just impressed with the design. Allowing water over the bow to divert out drains was pretty cool. I would never decide to go out on Lake Erie, unless wave forecast was for 2’ or less and now I’m only going when the predictions are for 1’ or less. I’m a fair weather fisherman for the most part, unless we are talking light rain and light chop jigg on kipawa  8)

Hodgey1

Exactly
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

GregL

Quote from: RHYBAK on August 26, 2020, 02:39:14 PM
Hodgey1

between you and me, I would never be caught dead out there if the water was that rough anyways.

The only thing I don't like about that boat is the width.
A bit narrow for a boat that size.

It is probably a bit narrower than the standard boat that size because it's designed for rough water. The narrower hull will run better/smoother in rough water. Less hull to smack on waves. I looked at boats in this style but the trade of is always storage.
I do like the windshield though! That would be awesome for trolling Quite in December with a full enclosure and a heater HAHA!

Hodgey1

2014 Lund Tyee 1900 ? Hmm, wish it was a litttle longer, but the Tyee is one nice fishing boat.

On Facebook Market place, so an actual real person and not the scam BS of Craigslist. I might go look at it. Lake Erie worthy? When I look at the Lund literature, it lists the Tyee as a big water boat. As I have stated before, I am never deciding to fish Lake Erie on a rough day, just wanting some more security if it were to get rough while out with kids. Is 19’ Tyee that boat? The rod storage alone would be awesome.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/329612528205604
Walleye Rock!

puckster_guy

I did fine on Georgian Bay with my 17 ft Crestliner. I've been caught in some big waves and came out good. That 19ft Lund will do fine for your plans on Erie.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

RHYBAK

That's a very nice boat but I'm sure the price is still holding you back

Hodgey1

Quote from: RHYBAK on August 31, 2020, 08:04:48 AM
That's a very nice boat but I'm sure the price is still holding you back

You sniffed that right out. The boat is 6 hrs away and I wanted to negotiate prior to driving there. Lets say they didn't go my way ::)
The fiance minister "my wife" gave me a cap that was not in his wheel house.

Honestly I'm glad, since I think I need to hold out for exactly what I want. The length was good, but  I really like having a front and rear seat platform and I also would like a kicker. If money wasn't a issue, I would order exactly what I want new, but $$$ is a issue.

I need to continue to be patient "thanks Lima", even if that means waiting another year.
Walleye Rock!

RHYBAK

SgtCrabby

Hodgey,
Get the boat that's right for your home waters.  Use good judgment when on other waters (is it to rough?).

My boat is good on my southern waters;  shallow draft, low freeboard, blunt prow.  Terrible in rough water, but good for what I use it for, which is shallow water, it can operate in a foot of water.

Hodgey1

Quote from: SgtCrabby on August 31, 2020, 10:24:53 PM
Get the boat that's right for your home waters.

Sound advice Sgt.

What is kind of ironic in my thinking about buying a new boat is the fact that the first boat I found a month ago was a near perfect boat "19.5' Crestliner Superhawk" at a price I could swing. By the time I learned what a good fit it would be for me, it was sold. I am shocked at how few fishing boats are out there for sale and the ones that are available how much is being asked for them. I'm shopping a 500 mile radius also.

Patients Grasshopper, Patients.
Walleye Rock!

puckster_guy

Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

limacharley

Take your time Chris.
When the border opens, you'll have more options to consider and besides you shop with a 1.30% dollar.
Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

Hodgey1

Walleye Rock!

Greg

Think about the hole-shot!!!!  Up on plane in 0.2 of a second!

RHYBAK