Drive in lodge recomendations on/near Kipawa.

Started by Gary S, August 31, 2020, 12:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary S

We have done fly-in, boat-in, train-in and drive-in to places scattered across Quebec and like having the truck parked near the cabin for various reasons, give me some suggestions that you know are quality outfitters, hopefully next year I can try one. Last year we went to Ogascannon and while they were great people my brothers back didn't like that much gravel road.

BigChief

Taggart Bay Lodge - great accommodations and only about 2 miles of gravel road right off of Highway 101.

RHYBAK

Quote from: BigChief on August 31, 2020, 01:47:19 PM
Taggart Bay Lodge - great accommodations and only about 2 miles of gravel road right off of Highway 101.

8 kilometres
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

RHYBAK

You also have a couple right in Laniel

Chalet Diane for one

Probably 100 yards off the highway
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Gary S

For some reason my feeble mind thought that Taggart Bay was a boat-in camp, well I was wrong at least one other time, maybe even two. ;D

lologd

I had a great time at Chalets Diane. Can't recommend them enough.  As previously mentionned, they are 100m off of the highway. They have potable water, electricty, WIFI and cable TVs.

It might not be what some people are looking for though, there are numerous lodges accessible only by boat. We appreciated being able to drive to Ville marie for groceries or fishing tackle in the afternoon.

Oarin

Taggart Bay Lodge is great. Drive to your cabin's door. The cabins are excellent as are the boats. It's about a 45 min. drive to Temiscaming or Ville Marie. I've been going there for 25 years. Hopefully this year will be 26. PM me if you want more info.

reelpro

Miwipanee has drive to lodge and cottages 15-20 mins to Temiscaming.

They also have remote boat to cabins, I stayed in one last summer 2020, beautiful spot very private and fully equipped.

Hodgey1

Walleye Rock!