Who's Heading Out?

Started by NortonJoe, May 10, 2022, 07:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHYBAK

My buddy talked me into going up for the weekend.
We are driving up early Friday morning
Fishing the remainder of Friday and all day Saturday . Coming home Sunday morning
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Ira

Quote from: RHYBAK on May 30, 2022, 07:22:30 AM
My buddy talked me into going up for the weekend.
We are driving up early Friday morning
Fishing the remainder of Friday and all day Saturday . Coming home Sunday morning

I'm guessing he had to twist your arm.

Oarin

Jon and I are heading to a little piece of Heaven called TBL Outpost on 7/23. Can't wait!

fishermanfindlay

June 22-26 Miwapanee Lodge, first time fishing Kipiwa

Kill Switch

Cedar Valley Lodge, June 4.
probably 4 days. Going solo as no one could go.

Ozzy30

good luck kyle, if you see me out and about in black and blue lund stop and say hi

Tree cutter

A week from today we will be crossing the border from Titusville Pa heading to Sasseginaga outpost. I cant wait since its been a couple of years. Hoping there was going to see some fishing reports before i left. There is nothing better than sitting with a buddy enjoying a beer on a jigging hole towards evening on that lake. Even if you know all of his fishing stories there is a chance too make a new one. When you hook up with a 28 inch walleye or bigger which we have for several years in 8 ft of water. I swear there eyeballs are the size of a whitetail deer. It’s going to be nice to get away from this crazy world for a week. Good luck to everybody that is heading north this year.

Jig and drift

June 16 th  we are headed for Dumoine for the first time in 3 years. Starting to get real finally. Wasn’t sure this day was ever going to arrive. Earliest we have been up in over 20 years. Trying to prepare mentally for the bugs!

Chazz

Jig & Drift  - I recommend you check out the thermacell line of products.  They work

limacharley

Bugs...
The bugs get a little worse when the wind dies down in the evening.
Jug and Drift's recommendation of a thermacell is a good one.

You can also try lighting a Pic in the boat too. We use a pie plate as a base to catch the ash.
The swirl of the fumes just lingers enough to keep the skeeters at bay.

or

Bring some Old Port cigars or Swisher Sweets for the trip. Lol
Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

Fort Wisers

Quote from: limacharley on June 06, 2022, 08:30:45 AM

Bring some Old Port cigars or Swisher Sweets for the trip. Lol

I don't smoke per se, but did "smoke" sweets or colts when working in the bush at the old moose hunting camp during bug season, it actually works pretty good.
Smoking one while sipping a whiskey and watching a bonfire from the camp deck, after the work was done, was a nice way to end the day too lol.

Dieselgirl

Taggart Bay 6/11 for a week. 

T

Leaving Western Penna for Smith Bay Outfitters July 23 for a week. 

RHYBAK

Quote from: T on June 10, 2022, 09:21:16 AM
Leaving Western Penna for Smith Bay Outfitters July 23 for a week.

You will have fun that week
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

NortonJoe

Having our planning meeting this Saturday.  Mostly just an excuse to get together and eat, talk fishing, drink some beer, play cards...kinda like up in Quebec! Seven of us going this year from 7/22-7/30.  Honestly, we've been doing this for so long that the planning is kind of a formality; but we have had a two year enforced hiatus so we better do some planning. Gotta go over who is bringing what equipment, what the menu will be, departure time and location and all that kind of stuff.  Of course, we will have to tell all the same stories and jokes but, hey, that's what its all about. Only 38 days out and I can't wait.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau