Who's Heading Out?

Started by NortonJoe, May 10, 2022, 07:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NovarDave

Heading out Friday, 4 days, three nights.  Will be taking a houseboat down to Lac Hunter and Grindstone area, we take our own boats to fish out of as well.  Hoping to see a couple of KFF people when we are down there.  Will let you know how we made out next week.  Dave

Fort Wisers

Have a safe and fun trip

Ozzy30

Novardave I'll be going into cottage on Thursday Night at Lac Hunter.  Look for the Canadian flag and black and blue lund.  Maybe see u.

Ira

We're heading up to Alwaki Lodge on Friday (well, leaving Fri., arrive at the Lodge Sat.) for a week.  We'll keep an eye out for everyone. Can't wait!!!

rsobotka

Our little group will be heading up to Alwaki on Aug 6th for a week. Can hardly wait. Kids are already talking about it on a daily bases . It's to make for a long July . LOL!

NortonJoe

17 days and counting....any pointers or suggestions about the border, what to use, anything?
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau

Jig and drift

As for the border complete the arrive Canada app.  Have your passports ready. I offered but they didn’t want the scan code thing from the app.  Just the passports.    Gas up north is pricey.  Paid 2.16 a liter in Northbay which is about 8.62 a gallon. Just an fyi

Lizard King

Quote from: NortonJoe on July 05, 2022, 09:18:12 AM
17 days and counting....any pointers or suggestions about the border, what to use, anything?

Stop to use the restroom at the Onroute center just north of Toronto on way back if you’re headed towards Fort Erie.
The general malaise of stop-n-go traffic on the QEW was fiercely alive and well last Friday.
I’d forgotten how easy we had it on the trip last year.

Chazz

Not sure if you already use the 407 ETR from just past Hamilton to the 400 but it bypasses all that Toronto traffic on the QEW which is always a pain no matter what time of day.  You will get a bill in the mail but it's worth every penny.

T-Bone

Well...a bit of advice for anyone traveling up north. At some point on the trip (I suspect a spot we stopped in St. Catherines, may have been in North Bay) my credit card number was 'grabbed' either by a skimmer at a gas station or someone at a restaurant we stopped at just stole the number. It was easier enough to lock the card and get the charges reversed, but the next card I was issued was already compromised when I got it. It seems the nice people that steal card numbers can set-up a digital wallet, and the 'replacement' card number just replaces it in the digital wallet also. Finally have it squared away, but it was a huge mess.

I'll be paying cash for everything north of the border on our upcoming trip.

Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Lizard King

Quote from: Chazz on July 06, 2022, 08:18:58 AM
Not sure if you already use the 407 ETR from just past Hamilton to the 400 but it bypasses all that Toronto traffic on the QEW which is always a pain no matter what time of day.  You will get a bill in the mail but it's worth every penny.

Chazz, oh yes, we’ve used the ETR for years.  Those are bills I’ll gladly pay.
But as soon as you wrap around and get on the QEW southbound was back to being a nightmare this year.  Was at a complete stop when we came down the ramp.
That’s why I mentioned the Onroute just before the ETR.  Took us close to 3 hours to get thru the border from there.  Even using ETR.

Lizard King

I probably should note it was Canada Day on our way out.  That didn’t help our cause at all I reckon.

NortonJoe

Heading out tomorrow from Akron...finally!!!
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau

RHYBAK

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

T

Heading out tomorrow also.  Leaving from western Pa.