Ice Out Predictions 2024

Started by Administrator, March 11, 2024, 06:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knuckles

spypoint.jpg
Looks like open water at Sunnyside today.
Not sure if all the lake is open.

knuckles

Ok
Yesterday the main bay opened and some folks crossed the bay to the hogsback.
There was still ice in jawbone, and we still had ice at sunnyside.
Today we have no ice at sunnyside.

I cant speak for the Hunters Lake area, perhaps someone can verify.
Otherwise i would put iceout as today...April 13th..

knuckles

limacharley

The ice always hangs up at Hunter's Narrows but there's never anyone that could verify besides Wayne.

I'll see if Blaster is going in. Stay tuned.
Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

T-Bone

Looks like area from Kipawa to Hunter's Narrows mostly clear per satellite view from Wednesday. NE and NW arms still have ice...but probably cleared by now.

<iframe src="https://worldview.earthdata.nasa.gov/?v=-80.81812085702077,45.51751285597021,-76.54814806189756,47.56131754280263&z=2&l=Coastlines_15m,MODIS_Aqua_CorrectedReflectance_TrueColor(hidden),MODIS_Terra_CorrectedReflectance_TrueColor&lg=false&t=2024-04-10-T12%3A34%3A01Z&em=true" role="application" sandbox="allow-modals allow-scripts allow-same-origin allow-forms allow-popups" width="100%" height="100%" allow="fullscreen; autoplay;" loading="lazy"></iframe>
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

limacharley

That big white clump looks like an ice dam at Hunter's Narrows.
Still a few days I think.
Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

Erin

With boats out on the water over the weekend, I think it would be safe to say Ice Out on April 13th.

Administrator

Seems the consensus so far is April 13th....

We will leave this preliminary date up for a few days for other to agree / disagree then from there we can make the final call and announce the winner!

Cheers

knuckles

Haha and just to make things a little more interesting...
Paul from kipawa outpost posted on instagram that ice was out on April 12th...he took his plane up the first time this year.

Administrator

Well folks, to make it easy, let's just stick with April 13th as the official "ice off day" for 2024.
This puts @Jig and drift  as the official winner!
Congrats, we'll send you a pm with getting you a little prize!
Cheers everyone have a great season:

KFF Admin Team

Jig and drift

Well this proves that blind luck does work occasionally. I wish I could have passed some of that luck on to the  Leafs last night, and in this series,  but that obviously didn't happen.  I would really like to thank the great people that run this forum for all the work they do. The upgrade is great and everything you do to keep it running is really appreciated. Thank you for all you do!   

Dave

knuckles