Bush Country Camp June 1-7

Started by fishtildark, June 09, 2024, 05:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishtildark

Returned last night from Bush country camp and maybe the best fishing I have seen in a long time. This year my brother and his buddy Greg came along as first timers and were giggling for the first 3 Days. The walleyes were turned on every evening and we couldnt get them to try anywhere else, which I understand.Told them they were being spoiled and its not always this way. I dont count fish much anymore but the other 3 did and I wont give that number... just lots. Caught some quality pike including a 37 and 38 incher, the 38 being really heavy. 3 good lakers at 5 7 and 7 lbs. Camp and equipment in great shape and being a Helicopter mechanic, Norm keeps the motors running. We didnt encounter as many bugs as some of the other reports except a couple nights in fish house and Saturday morning at the landing the mosquitos were trying to get their last shot at us and were miserable. cant wait til next trip in september. Hope everyone has a safe and successful summer trip.
So many lures and so little time.

Jay Thomas

Thanks for your report. So glad to hear the walleyes were biting more than the bugs.

Jay

T-Bone

Thx for the report...sounds like you had great fishing as well.

Is the family from Dayton, Ohio area still operating that camp? I recall they had designs on making it a great operation when they purchased it a few years back.
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Chazz

Two different camps both on Sasseginaga.  The family (Stickleys) from Dayton operate Sasseginaga Outpost Camp.  Bush Country is the other one.

Hodgey1

Glad to hear you had such a great trip!
Walleye Rock!