The official what I did today that was fishing related thread...

Started by Dog, October 08, 2014, 10:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog

threads like this have been popular on other forums I belong to because it allows members to make a single post rather than create an entirely new thread to share what they did today.... With the offseason upon us, I figure this thread will stay near the top for a few months...

I'll start....

I put my complete jig making kit in the classifieds section. It's free, first come, first serve!
&
Read a great article in "In-Fisherman" magazine about deep cabbage pike
&
Trying to figure out if I can get a line wet again in the canoe for some bass before the weather turns to winter

One more cast...

RHYBAK

Cool

I e-mailed my buddy to remind him to bring a fishing rod to the cottage this weekend

Then called my nephew to ask if he's been catching any shallow whitefish yet.
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

puckster_guy

I'm going to camp with my wife for the weekend. Work and fishing to do. She already has her rod there. If the colors are still there I'll post pics.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Dog

One more cast...

Dog

I replaced the towing converter relay on my 4Runner so now I can provide running light power again to my dad's trailer.... Ready for 2015 towing duty now!
One more cast...

RHYBAK

We ended up catching 7 smallmouth over 3 pounds and two incidental Lake Trout.
No Pike.

Dog

@RHYBAK good stuff, thanks for sharing! I bet those bass were a fun fight
One more cast...

RHYBAK

yes they were.
we hooked them in 35 feet of water and it was a chore bringing them to the boat.

RHYBAK

john c

Smile, every one will wonder what you have been up to.

JigginFool

Had Kipawa Walleye for dinner last night.  I could close my eyes and envision the shore dinners we had last year.

Nancy

Starting to get ready to batton down the hatches for winter.  :(  Brought the rods and tackle boxes in out of the boat. When we bought the new boat, the cover that came with it did not have a hood for the motor. So we made arrangements with the guy who made the cover to make an attach a hood for the motor. Supposed to take it up next week. Still have faith to spend a day or two bank fishing at French Creek here in Pa before they open the gates on the dams upstream.

johnny walleye

Dog

-like @johnny walleye and @Nancy @john c I also made preps on LC this past week for winterization of the motor... pulled it from the transom and this coming week I'll service the engine and gear case fluids...

-@JigginFool isn't that great?! I had some lake Erie walleye two weeks ago and can still imagine reeling in those monsters.

-Started a private blog for our 6Pack to communicate on about the annual fishing trip (instead of creating a newlsetter each month to email out, now I can just create a blog post on the site which is nice...)

-Flag and I discussing options to change up the 2015 trip even more with a new overnight hotel stop the night prior on the way up. looks promising and will be nice change of pace to split up the drive a bit more and not have to get such early starts both days, it is vacation after all! Core4 will have to take a vote on it once we have more definite plans in place....

- started the first offseason modification to the doggy paddle, stay tuned in the boat section for that update in a few weeks...

- stopped at the new Field & Stream store in Altoona, PA yesterday on the way home. Real nice store, just like all the others.. Cabelas, Gander mountain etc.. maybe a tad smaller but just as much selection stuffed in it. Saw a couple jumpers that I had to throw back, maybe next month :-)
One more cast...