Any luck?

Started by Canuckbass, May 23, 2016, 06:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canuckbass

How was the fishing this long weekend?
How was MNR? I expect they'd be out with new slot sizes.
Heading up with big group later this'll week.

Mr3seasonscamp

Fishing slow water too cold and no MNR

wayne

Fishing at this end of the lake was fantastic. Lots of fish,many happy campers. some not so happy with having to throw back 26 and 27 inch walleyes,but it is what it is.  A fare number of trout as well. Lots released as they didn't measure up.Just going to make fishing a lot better in the years to come. MNR was here and checked every boat. They were on the docks in Kipawa Friday morning checking for imported minnows and had a road block set up yesterday at the bridge in Temiscaming checking all vehicles leaving Quebec. I expect with the new rules we will be seeing this a lot.

Canuckbass

Quote from: wayne on May 24, 2016, 07:07:10 AM
Fishing at this end of the lake was fantastic. Lots of fish,many happy campers. some not so happy with having to throw back 26 and 27 inch walleyes,but it is what it is.  A fare number of trout as well. Lots released as they didn't measure up.Just going to make fishing a lot better in the years to come. MNR was here and checked every boat. They were on the docks in Kipawa Friday morning checking for imported minnows and had a road block set up yesterday at the bridge in Temiscaming checking all vehicles leaving Quebec. I expect with the new rules we will be seeing this a lot.

Which end of lake?
Sounds like you guys had a great trip. Last May long weekend was our best for numbers and size. Looking forward to this weekend.
Good to see MNR checking everyone following the rules.

Riverrat

I was at the Laniel end of the Lake.  We caught a few Lake Trout off the docks at Chalet Diane on herring.  We also trolled for them around Mackenzie island and caught nothing.  We didn't try Walleye as they wont be done the Laniel end for a couple of weeks.  It was a great weekend.  Nobody on the lake.

puckster_guy

I just got home from the weekend @camp. (red pine chutes area). I couldn"t fish much, my motor decided to develop over heating problems. A neighbour and I took the lower  unit apart, the impeller was fine so I took out the thermostat . I'll buy a new on for the next trip, hopefully problem solved. MY neighbour and his buddies had some great action most days skunked some times but plenty of fish. they're happy with their luck.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Canuckbass

Engine problems suck, hopefully just the t-stat.

SgtCrabby

Engine overheating is a real bite in the rear-end.
Hope you get it fixed fast and easy.

Canuckbass

Fun weekend at camp with a good group. Got more decks and stairs done. Fishing was slow for us but didn't put the work in I wanted. Overall perfect weather, lots of bugs, sangria and good renos done.

michelle

Got back last night from a week's holidays. Lots and lots of bugs, absolutely no fish, not even a bite. Weather, drinks and food were all awesome though so all in all, was a good week, especially after we got the screen on our new porch. Heaven!