COUNTDOWN CLOCK.....AGAIN

Started by RHYBAK, July 04, 2016, 07:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

totally agree - crazy price difference on beer... but strangely, gas is MORE expensive right across the bridge in Que.

Gas here in east Ottawa is about $0.96 per liter here today, I am thinking of filling up the boat and my gas cans I always take up to Kipawa tonight....

puckster_guy

I paid $1.08 this morning in Toronto. You guys down south fill up everything before you cross the border.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

johnny walleye

24 days and hop on the Kipawa express

Greg

Gas is at its lowest in months here in Orleans - now $0.949 - just filled up my boat (after 4 hours on the river -  got 1 small bass and several spash/swipes), filled up my car, and 3 gas cans to take on the trip next week!

puckster_guy

Cool Greg. I'm heading up next weekend. Then up for the 2 week shut down at work. Starting the last week of July. I got lots of work to do plus this trip I'm fishing. I haven't had a real days fishing May.

SgtCrabby

T-Bone:
Short version is we caught enough, not what I dream of catching, but who catches what they dream of catching?
Weather was sunny/cloudy/calm/windy, in other words it was typical Kipawa area weather and catching.   
Bugs seemed worse at the beginning of the week than at the end.
We ate plenty of fish and brought several home.

Dog will post our trip report sometime when he gets time to do it.

Oarin

Up at 4:15 and hopefully on the road by 5:00 tomorrow!!! Six days of peace and quiet at TBL outpost with my son, Jon. Can't wait! Nancy, are you regretting showing me how to post pictures yet???

puckster_guy

Going up on Sat morning for 2 weeks. ! week of work on the camp and week two of fishing and R&R. I wanna finish doing the insulation and vapor barrier thu rout the cabin some electrical wiring and then panel all the walls. A major clean-up of the lot as well. The fun never ends. I'm hoping to get most of the interior done by the fall. If anyone's cruising nearby stop in for a beer or two.

Goach15

Heading up to Laniel end of lake for a change on Saturday .....Dorval Bay...have spent most of my time on Kipawa on South end and at Alwaki....not too many posts from that area..will post report on return

TBIRD

Hi All:

In 2 weeks, we'll be spending the night @ Au Bercail Motel. Next AM off to Miwapanee Lodge for a week (Aug 5-12) at their Grindstone Lake cabin. It's one of the few areas on the lake I haven't fished. Closest to the area was a week @ Alwaki 6 (or more) years ago. I had intentions of fishing Hunter/Grindstone, but Lake Kipawa did a sterling impression of Lake Superior the ENTIRE week & tough fishing in a rental boat :o  Good news we (wife & I) caught 120+ walleyes at the mouth of the small bay to the right of the camp and fished about 1/2 the time we normally would. Any hints/tips from those familiar with Grindstone would be appreciated. If any of you are in the area Aug 5-12, please drop by for a brew.
As always - Tight Lines, Ray.

Fort Wisers

Quote from: puckster_guy on July 21, 2016, 05:34:30 AM
Going up on Sat morning for 2 weeks. ! week of work on the camp and week two of fishing and R&R. I wanna finish doing the insulation and vapor barrier thu rout the cabin some electrical wiring and then panel all the walls. A major clean-up of the lot as well. The fun never ends. I'm hoping to get most of the interior done by the fall. If anyone's cruising nearby stop in for a beer or two.

Good luck with all the work!
Sounds like you'll be set up for winter trips soon:)

Kathy E

25 more days for my husband and I .   Cannot wait!   Hopefully we can catch a few "monsters" this trip. 

SgtCrabby

I got a peek of Puckster's cabin, it is coming along very nice!

Good luck Kathy.

NortonJoe

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau

600 miles north

600 miles north is where I'd rather be!