Red Pine Chute - Update

Started by Northbound, April 29, 2017, 10:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jig and drift

Thanks for the info. Governments don't spend like that unless there is something at the end of the rainbow. Logging must really be rocking or is there something else???  How long does a project like that take?

puckster_guy

prob 2 summers, likely done fall 2019.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Jig and drift

It will be a long 2 summers before its over then. Do they work on it all summer or wait till late fall when frozen? Isn't a lot of the logging done when the ground is frozen. Easier to get through the slop I presume.

Balsams

They were working on the roads today...a stretch from Pomeroy to Sassaginaga. Very smooth, traveling twice the usually speed.

puckster_guy

I'm at camp now. I finally got my internet working here. Anyway red pine rd is still brutal. I never seem to see the guys working on it. Been up and down it a couple of times on teusday.

Fort Wisers

Quote from: puckster_guy on June 01, 2017, 09:44:29 AM
I'm at camp now. I finally got my internet working here. Anyway red pine rd is still brutal. I never seem to see the guys working on it. Been up and down it a couple of times on teusday.

Keep us posted how your xplornet works out.
We're looking at options for up at our camp.

SgtCrabby

@Balsams, correct me if I'm wrong, but you say they are working on the road between Pomeroy and Sassaginaga?
That is way up the bush road into Lake Ogascanan. 

I was under the impression the road work is only the red pines chute road.
(Boy, I can't wait to try that new stretch out!).

Balsams

Yup that's correct...the grader was running, just squeaked by. We found the road fine, even red pine...quicker trip this year.

SgtCrabby

Thanks for the info @Balsams.  Makes looking forward to when I get to drive through there much more pleasurable.

puckster_guy

Somebody must have heard me bitching about Red Pine rd. They spent all day grading it. Much much better then before. I had to bring the old tub to get some gas lines replaced at a Suzuki dealer in Katrine. One was leaking like a sieve. When i got back around 4 they had spread a few loads of sand and gravel and a grader was working it. Way smoother now. They even graded right up to my camp. TYVM

Jig and drift

Then today is your lucky day!!  We drive into Dumoine July 3 so hopefully it will hold up for a month.  Now if they would grade the Bearn east of Red Pine that would make my day ! Enjoy it PG.

Jig and drift

So our trip is almost here! We drive north on July 2nd and into the bush on the morning of the 3rd to Dumoine. Was wondering if there was anymore news on Red Pine or how the Maniwaki and Bearne are? Grader been thru at all? Puckster I am aware that is your neck of the woods, any updates? Thanks!

puckster_guy

Maniwaki is good. Different sections graded every day. It's more or less smooth. Red pine rd. was recently graded and in too bad shape. I only go as far as the bridge so I can't tell what the rest of the road is like. Good luck and tight lines on your trip. I've made time to go fishing the last couple of nights and it's been good. In both numbers and size. Including a nice Laker while trolling for walleye.

SgtCrabby

Puckster and others:

Thanks for keeping the updates coming.
I'll be going through there in about 54 days  (my countdown counter is for when I leave my driveway in 49 days).  I'll be hauling our complete crew, all equipment, provisions, and a boat;  so road conditions are important to me.

Jig and drift

Thanks all for the update. I will pass on what I see when I return.
Thanks Again