Count down

Started by Oarin, February 16, 2018, 01:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

pike mike

Keeper64

We'll be at Smith Bay next Sat. June 16th!!! Can't wait.  Hoping that the water has warmed up sufficiently for pickerel but still cool enough for some lakers. Glad to see/hear of some good fishing, albeit down in the south end. Not a lot of intel from the north. I presume we'll find the pickerel still tucked in the back bays, using some jigs and worm harnesses. Any other suggestions from the group??

puckster_guy

Last week I was having good luck trolling the narrows north of Grindstone. We were also jigging them off the bottom as well. Jig and worm. Maybe look for some current in narrows.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Keeper64

Great advice Puckster but unfortunately, we'll be a long way from there!!!  Either way, we'll look for some similar structure if thats the where they are likely to be holding. With your jigs, were you using a Twister Tail as well or just night crawler?

RHYBAK

Quote from: Keeper64 on June 08, 2018, 08:34:48 AM
Great advice Puckster but unfortunately, we'll be a long way from there!!!  Either way, we'll look for some similar structure if thats the where they are likely to be holding. With your jigs, were you using a Twister Tail as well or just night crawler?

Keeper64

My opinion is that if they are not in Smith Bay yet ,then to head up towards the Blue Barrels and beyond into the Sanctuary area
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

JLG

Keeper- We will be at 3 seasons that week so agree with you.  also hope the black flies are on the downward slide!!!

pike mike

JLG -I guess we'll see you at 3 Seasons again on the 16th .I had to take last year off to attend my sons grad from McMaster University .
Keeper64 - As Rhybak has said if the water temp is up Smith bay will be happening but Im sure your host will direct you either way . Will you be using their boats or your own ? Im sure we will cross paths out on the water .Good luck   

JLG

Pike Mike:  We took off last year too so looking forward to the trip.  Bringing Mark and our grandson
Chaz who mentioned he hoped your group would be in.

puckster_guy

We used night crawlers. What I meant was look for moving water a good current.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

bucknbull

Didn't count the # of days, but I'll be up there with the wife and kids July 21 to 28 in the area of Alwaki/Kipawa Lodges. Hope to meet some forum members while I'm there.

50fish

13 days for me at TBL!

Ira

We'll be on the road to Ogascanan two weeks from tomorrow!

Jig and drift

21 days till Dumoine.  Anyone info from somebody that has been there this season?

Keeper64

Quote from: RHYBAK on June 08, 2018, 08:45:13 AM

Keeper64

My opinion is that if they are not in Smith Bay yet ,then to head up towards the Blue Barrels and beyond into the Sanctuary area

Thanks Rhybak. Good advice. We've tried that area in previous trips. Hoping to also hit the lakers during the afternoon trolling some spoons with some copper rigs.  Just need to sort out what depths they be holding at.