Front Page News

Started by T-Bone, November 13, 2018, 11:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

limacharley

Hey Joe-it was nice to finally meet you yesterday.
Have fun the next 2 weeks. I may be able to bring you some pallets next Friday. Gotta get permission from the warden.

You need to summarize that sled so you don't have problems next winter.
You can google how.
Keep in touch.
Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

Oarin

Great pictures, thanks.

puckster_guy

Happy to share Oarin, NP. LC, If you can save me a drive back in to the bay, I'll buy the first case of beer lol.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

T-Bone

Wow...that snow melts fast up there, and it appears the ice is starting to open up already. Nice. Thanks for the pics Puck...cool stuff.

And I'm not sure feeding an eagle hot dogs is good or bad, but certainly is unexpected. A domesticated eagle. The size of that thing is what startles me. Sheesh.

Embrace every moment...you only get it once

limacharley

Trout fishing opens today Joe, April 26. Start casting with a Little Cleo off your dock.
I'll text you next week if I come in. How big do you want your wood shed to be will determine
how many pallets I bring.
Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

Fort Wisers

Great looking pics Joe!
Glad you're now getting to spend some good time up there, enjoy every minute as I know you will!

puckster_guy

Quote from: limacharley on April 26, 2019, 08:52:40 AM
Trout fishing opens today Joe, April 26. Start casting with a Little Cleo off your dock.
I'll text you next week if I come in. How big do you want your wood shed to be will determine
how many pallets I bring.
I thought for the floor space 4-6 standard pallets and 8ft high. Your totally awesome bro,TY. I can get some 4x4's to frame it and fill it in with the skids. I have a bunch of projects to catch up on. Between fishing trips...

puckster_guy

Quick roads update....I'm back home now and as of yesterday maniwaki is very rough and rutted with the first 15km the worst. After that it's not too bad for this time of year.  Red Pine rd. is rutted as well but not bad it seems to be Maniwaki's mini me. I can still get good speed on it. There is no snow on any of the roads and back roads are mostly clear with snow in shady areas. I saw little snow in the bush just clumps here and there so in my opinion the worst for run off is over and has peaked. having said that the water under the bridge is running at prodigious levels wit about 4 feet in elevation difference on either side. You should be able to get to where you need to go with roads in rough spring time conditions with some mud in lower sandy roads.

puckster_guy

I made it to camp yesterday, YAYYY. Maniwaki and Red pine roads were graded since I was here a few weeks ago and in very good shape. I've noticed Red Pine rd is as dusty now as Maniwaki, same road surface. All ice is clear now and water levels behind the bridge are scary high. Water on my shore is some 18 inches above summer levels and neighbours had to rescue my dock as it floated away. Didn't know I needed a tether, this never happened before. Season opens today so safe boating everyone, there's lots of wood in the water this year be careful on your travels...

T-Bone

Nice update Puck...thanks. I supposed a $25 investment in chains and stakes to tether your dock would be well worth it versus having to replace it. Good luck chasing those pesky 'eyes this weekend.

6/70
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

puckster_guy

The spot where my dock is has sone large boulders submerged . Normal summer levels it's ok. But when levels go down I knick my prop. I wanna move it about 15 feet over to avoid those rocks and better swimming too. The previous syatem with posts was adequate. Never had qater levels this high. When I set my dock next I'll use concrete anchors.

puckster_guy

Fort Wisers

Hey @puckster_guy Joe,
Nice looking grouse, great picture as always my man.....have you noticed a fair bit of them this spring?

When I was up a week ago I saw a number of them hanging right around camp, maybe waiting for me to fill the bird feeders LOL.
This guy in particular didn't spook and fly like they usually do no matter how close I got, he held his ground and kept showing of his "might" like so:

I got to maybe within 10 feet of him, watched the show and then let him be.
He walked off with pride, his breast feathers were all puffed out as if to say to me "that's right punk, this is MY land, be off with ya!"
Being mating season I guess he didn't like me cramping his style!