Quebec's Main Rules for Sport Fishing

Started by Jay Thomas, April 04, 2016, 01:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Thomas

I have sent an email to the liaison lady for regulations to obtain the skinny on this topic. I received an auto response that she's out of the office until 9 May. I might get a response by 13 May. When I do obtain her response, I'll post it verbatim.

Jay

Calicofishing

I checked with Dumoine today and the new regs Do Not Apply to Exculsive Rights Areas for everyone's information.

Jay Thomas

Here's the verbatim response received today regarding what to do with harvested walleye/sauger destined for the dinner table:

"If you’re not at home (ex : when at an outfitter) you must keep a yellow walleye and a sauger whole or filleted with the skin fully attached (same thing for the black walleye). You must also conserve skin fully attached to the fillet until when you will be ready to eat them."

Jay

RHYBAK

So??????
If we clean some fish on Monday night and expect to eat them Tuesday lunch, the skin must stay on until that time?
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

T-Bone

Quote from: Jay Thomas on May 12, 2016, 05:18:59 PM
"If you’re not at home (ex : when at an outfitter) you must keep a yellow walleye and a sauger whole or filleted with the skin fully attached (same thing for the black walleye). You must also conserve skin fully attached to the fillet until when you will be ready to eat them."

That can't be right; so the guy that owns the lodge (it being his home) has to operate under a different set of rules than the guest in the cabin next to him? Something is screwy there...

And @RHYBAK...you really should just simplify the interpretation of this rules change and throw them all back. We all know that you really don't care one way or another whether you consume any 'eyes when up on Kipawa.  ;)
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

RHYBAK

Quote from: T-Bone on May 25, 2016, 04:12:17 PM
Quote from: Jay Thomas on May 12, 2016, 05:18:59 PM

That can't be right; so the guy that owns the lodge (it being his home) has to operate under a different set of rules than the guest in the cabin next to him? Something is screwy there...

And @RHYBAK...you really should just simplify the interpretation of this rules change and throw them all back. We all know that you really don't care one way or another whether you consume any 'eyes when up on Kipawa.  ;)

T-Bone
You are right 100%, but I have 9 other fish eaters that have to be fed.
I don't even tough the stuff .
Mainly because I'm cooking and by the time I'm done, the cooked fish is done.
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Jig and drift

Calicofishing I read your post about Dumoine. That is where we have been going for 20 + years. You talked with Eric and the new rules don't apply ! that is actually good news. I would assume they still must be cleaned in the new way for identification reasons?  May have to e mail them just for fun.  THANKS

SgtCrabby

So the simplist thing is to only gut and de-head the fish until it is in the cooks hands beside a hot pan.
  (and leave the fin on right beside the gills)

I just want to be sure as I'm the cook.   
Our fish cleaner is someone else  (separation of duties).

Jay Thomas

Quote from: SgtCrabby on May 27, 2016, 11:33:44 PM
So the simplist thing is to only gut and de-head the fish until it is in the cooks hands beside a hot pan (and leave the fin on right beside the gills). I just want to be sure as I'm the cook.   
Our fish cleaner is someone else  (separation of duties).

That is how I interpret it too SgtCrabby. Since I'm the fish cleaner for our group, I'll just clean all walleyes as if I were transporting them home. Those destined for home will be vacuum sealed and put in the freezer while those destined for the dinner table will be stored on a plate in the refrigerator.

Jay

SgtCrabby

After all these discussions, it comes down to something as simple as gutted with option of deheading.

Just follow the KISS principle;  Keep It Simple, Stupid