Red Pine Chute - Update

Started by Northbound, April 29, 2017, 10:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickOnt

Thanks Puckster,  I have a lot of exploring to do.

Great spot for a camp.
"Making Memories"

puckster_guy

stop by for a beer if your in the area, Rick.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

puckster_guy

Not much new action on the road except to say the road has gotten much worse.

michelle

Good to know, we will avoid it then. Probably take that way out though, without the boat behind us...would like to see what they are doing

Fort Wisers

Quote from: puckster_guy on May 01, 2017, 10:29:30 PM
Quote from: RHYBAK on May 01, 2017, 08:50:44 AM
Look for honey mushrooms along the side of the road in the fall.

I see many kinds of mushrooms on my lot. prob is I have no idea which are good to eat or not. I got a couple of Polish and Ukrainian friends at work that said they'd show me. I've never had wild mushrooms, these guys go hunting for them in the local forests.

We have the same issue, many wild mushrooms growing around the cabin and not a clue what we can eat. My wife picked up a book on the subject for me/us for Christmas so we've been reading over the winter months, will let you know what we find and get you the name of the book (its at camp) for you. If you don't hear from us going forward you'll know what happened LOL.

RHYBAK

I have those books also.
Pictures can be deceiving to me.

I was shown one mushroom ( Honey Mushroom) when I was younger and that is the only mushroom that I have grown to trust.

I will not touch anything else , not knowing it's toxic level.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Netman

Keep the updates on the Red Pine Chutes road coming please. We are heading up in August.

How is the road back to Grassy? ?

Jig and drift

Any idea why this road expansion is taking place? I am not against it since traveling that rough section is always such a pleasure but what's the motivation. Someone who is selling lots at that end of the lake or that rare earth project from a couple years ago that went very quiet? Any info?

puckster_guy

My understanding on the road renovation is that it's one of few roads connecting Maniwaki to the Bearne rd. Me thinks we're gonna see some big logging trucks using that road. The gov't doesn't give a crap about the cottagers save for some grading. However if big business needs a new road they're getting one. It's only helping us as a side benefit because we use that road.

BTW I just got home, the road got some grading but still rough.

Jig and drift

Thanks for the info. Figured there had to be some business interest behind it. Wasn't sure how much logging was currently going on in there.  Would Tembec be on the hook to pay for that? Keep the updates coming. We drive into Dumoine July 3rd.

SgtCrabby

Puck, that sounds like a very likely probability on why the new road;  logging business wants...

Could be interesting towing a trailer one way and meeting a logging truck going the other way.  Been my experience that logging trucks like to take their half out of the middle of the road ...

Balsams

Not sure how I feel about the logging. I guess they have a right to be there and I'm sure they're going through the proper channels and have environmental requirements to meet. It was a shame when I saw a satellite image of my very favorite bay in what I THOUGHT was a very secluded spot in the ZEC. Not 200 yards from the shoreline is a wide area that has been clear cut and a road comes right in. You'd never know it from the water. We've never heard any noise of a vehicle or any active working...I guess this happens in the winter or fall? Still it changed something for me. Man I would hate to be back there trolling by and hear reverse beeping from equipment working or something.

kipawa4

Puckster_guy are there still lots for sale in the Red pine Chute area?  Just am curious. And who would the Real Estate people be that are selling?  I probably won't do anything about it. But you never know? Thanks for any info.

puckster_guy

As far as I know there are about25 lots up for grabs averaging about 60 k each for a fully wooded lot. it'll cost you about 12 grand to cut in a driveway and clear an acre at the front (lake side). Still in mu opinion an awesome deal for a piece of paradise. In mid july I still have most of the lake to my self. Royal lePage has the selling rights and the land is currently owned by Commonwealth. A logging company in the area. more info on request...

crackers42

Jig and Drift,

From talking with the locals it seems the government is funding project around $2.5MM but i believe the single lane bridge will remain intact.

There was talk I thought of removing it all together but doesn't seem like the plan now.